Our partner

why do you want to be thin?

Anorexia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: why do you want to be thin?

Postby fallingangel » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:18 pm

I feel disgusting being a normal size, my body has an odd shape and when I'm skinny it evens itself out more. I feel really self-conscious at my normal weight so I want to be thin.

Also I'm really unhappy with my life at the moment but am stuck where I am with no escape in sight - not eating helps me cope better with my situation.
fallingangel
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby shree123 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:34 am

if you want to become thin and want to look beautiful then the balanced food and proper and daily exercise are the best solution to keep your body feet. Because of it you will also feel fresh and that freshness will appears on your face and you will look beautiful.
shree123
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby somegreen » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:03 am

I attribute being thin to being liked, being loved and being ‘perfect’. I idolise this concept of ‘perfect’ in everything. I too see high fashion models as highly desirable because to me they seem ‘perfect’. The whole ‘I can’t eat and I deserve this’ idea is also embedded because I suffer from depression.
somegreen
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby babybowrain » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:03 am

I want to be thin because I literally dream of dissappearing or being invisible. I feel that that I am like a sexual object when I am fat, when I have breasts and a bum or whatever. Whatever I do I get confused for a prostitute. Whether I am fat or thin people think I am a prostitute. I get whisteled at, I get screamed at, I get touched, and I get called a prostitute by women. Some time ago society was more traditional and this did not happen hopefully. With the advance of rights for all kinds of none-sense bordering on satanic groups and whatever else in society I am now confused for a punk, a drug addict, a prostitute, an alcoholic, a who knows what. Do not forget these are not even english words! This is just none-sense made up by the minions of the queen of england so that we can be labeled as whatever. Above all else I am like a feminist and I believe in women's rights to have children. ALL WOMEN. I believe in safety, family, religion, for all! But not restrictive religion that punishes. In what age are we in? Punishing? That is like living in the 16th century, that's what it is. Precious Canada recently legalized spanking of children. Perfect! They're geniuses, aren't they?
babybowrain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Eisa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:55 am

A lot of reasons.

To be beautiful.
To have control.
To feel lovable.
To feel worth something.
To be able to disappear.
Tell me no secrets, whisper no tales
We have Dissociative Identity Disorder.
Eisa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:46 am

Postby Alexandra2276 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:51 pm

I feel that mine is a rather odd response, I don't know if any of you share with my reasons too?
For me, I do it because I wish to destroy myself. I guess you can relate it back to control, I feel that everything is out of my hands, I don't have a choice or say in anything, therefore i feel that the only thing left, the only thing that i can control, the only thing that i have a say in, is my own self destruction.
I can also relate to wanting to disappear, i want the world to go away. Its also like playing out to what you believe to be true, so for example, i feel so small and inadequate, my behavior and body reflect that also. I feel so empty inside, broken and hurt, I want someone to take me in and 'fix me' but I don't know what it is that i want them to fix :?
Alexandra2276
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby MelmoththeWanderer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Alexandra2276 wrote:I feel that mine is a rather odd response, I don't know if any of you share with my reasons too?
For me, I do it because I wish to destroy myself. I guess you can relate it back to control, I feel that everything is out of my hands, I don't have a choice or say in anything, therefore i feel that the only thing left, the only thing that i can control, the only thing that i have a say in, is my own self destruction.
I can also relate to wanting to disappear, i want the world to go away. Its also like playing out to what you believe to be true, so for example, i feel so small and inadequate, my behavior and body reflect that also. I feel so empty inside, broken and hurt, I want someone to take me in and 'fix me' but I don't know what it is that i want them to fix :?

I think I can relate to this. I've been so depressed, for so long, and on top of that I cannot control my life (my parents chose what university I attend, which subject I shall major in etc) nor can I control my moods (bi-polar). All I can control is my eating and honestly? it's a way I'm trying to kill myself because at the end of the day me living is the only thing I can control. x
MelmoththeWanderer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Aj1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:31 pm

I want to be thin because it makes me feel good about myself. I want to be thin because I like it when I look at myself in a mirror and see that I am losing weight. I want to be thin to feel perfect and pure. I want to be thin because I somehow imagine that it will make someone care about me, even though I know its not true. And I want to be thin because I am really really angry and I want to send the world a big "F-YOU!"
Aj1
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 am

Postby Wispy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:01 pm

1. To be attractive to my boyfriend. I have a fear that I'm going to lose him to a skinnier girl; also, he's such a skinny little guy naturally, and I didn't want to be the fat one in the relationship!

2. To get those wonderful compliments again...A few years ago, it was "look how skinny and cute you are!" and then, after gaining thirty pounds, it was "you're squishy." Squishy? And that was supposed to be a good thing. -.- No, I want that "you're so skinny" again!

3. To melt into my surroundings. To disappear completely, because I feel I don't deserve to be seen.
Dx:
Depression
Anorexia Nervosa
Wispy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby tine » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 pm

I also feel like less of me in this world is better.
tine
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to Anorexia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post