Our partner

why do you want to be thin?

Anorexia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: why do you want to be thin?

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:00 pm

I like to feel my bones. It calms me.
dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)

But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby pizzapay » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:53 pm

I want to be thin because I have always equated being thin with being beautiful. Maybe it was all the models I saw in magazines or mall windows, or maybe it was my parents going on a diet and causing everybody else in the house to as well. I have always hated everything about myself, but always thought that if I lost weight I could still have "Oh well atleast I'm thin" as something.
pizzapay
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Redd1797 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:20 am

imaduck wrote:just curious...

(i have my reasons but i would like to hear yours before i talk about mine... just to avoid influencing your answers. sorry!)

This is an old thread but just felt like sharing anyway..

When my eating disorder started I thought I just wanted to get rid of my "muffin top" but then not eating felt euphoric and it gave me something to control in my out of control life. It's no longer about being thin, it's about control, self harm, attention, there's no thin enough for me because it's not about that.
Redd1797
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:28 am

Postby voidance » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:17 pm

I am thin. I guess I find my body weird so I keep it that way. I realize that today's body standards are unrealistic. I have an hour glass shaped figure which is apparently meant to be desirable but if something is not shaped correctly it looks wrong. It doesn't matter what size I am, it's always hour glass with my waist being tiny compared to my bust and hips.

I would love to be one of those completely straight girls but I am stuck with this shape. Worse still is now people want these weird pokemon shapes that really are mostly either created by plastic surgery or the hip equivalent of padding or are some strange genetic anomaly.

The thinner I get, the more linear everything becomes and I get happier however I end up shopping in the children's section most of the time.
voidance
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Previous

Return to Anorexia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post