Our partner

why do you want to be thin?

Anorexia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: why do you want to be thin?

Postby Chucky » Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm

The last post makes me ponder this: ...would it be correct to say that everyone wants what they do'nt have?
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby prettyprincess » Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 pm

I guess but really i just want to have a normal body not a body that cant gain weight i know some people say they want my body but i think its normal when people gain weight not a fast mutalism just sayin but you do have a good point
prettyprincess
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby babybowrain » Thu May 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Yes I agree with the purity reason. Fatness makes me feel impure and ashamed, and I've been thin most of my life and I like it that way! Also food sometimes disgusts me physically. And then being thin looks prettier to me in most cases...I look awful in anything over the medium weight. And then there's the thing with what people will think about me if I'm fat...that I'm lazy, that I eat too much, and they treat you differently. THEY start watching what you eat, how much to exercise. It's the same as being too thin, actually, kind of creepy, and their behaviour makes me feel like I'm being penetrated or thrown around the room...I can't stand it!
babybowrain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby prettyprincess » Thu May 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Well i dont think you should be scared eatin i think havin a curvy body is a beautiful thats why i want a normal body not a fast mutalism. why do you hate you're body so much did you ever get made from. please get well :D
prettyprincess
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby verbatimoct » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:02 pm

was fat/chubby as a child, when i lost weight everybody started looking at me differently, every piece of clothing i found i could put on and look amazing, my mom was more proud of me and bought me more clothes, just loved me more, honestly-EVERYBODY loved me more! or at least, they showed it more.

then, boys and girls started hitting on me more.
i felt powerful `cause i looked good naked and `cause everyone can see on my hands and cheekbones that i was skinny..and when started teasing me how skinny i was, i pretended i was mad, i so enjoyed it

later on i began fearing i would lose all that and started starving myself and could not focus on studying if i would eat a lot, i would feel like a sloth and not worthy of anything.

im not ana now, i eat healthy, though mostly veggies, and i work out. but still, no food or no romantic involvement can make me as fulfilled and as happy when i am just drinking water and tea and treat myself with an apple

love you all for sharing your stories!
verbatimoct
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby mylexicon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Oddly, being "fat" never had a serious repercussion for me - my mother was and is obese, but she also was and is the most wonderful person - so being "fat" didn't equate to being necessarily "bad". It was just that when I got into school and was beaten up for being fat (apparently the fat covering meant it wouldn't hurt... hmm...) I started worrying. I'm also in acting, so thinness is kind of necessary.

I just hated myself. And there seemed nothing I could do about the person I was, so least I could do was to make the outside perfect - at least by societological standards. Interesting to see everyone elses replies here! Lex.
mylexicon
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby dying_inside » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:36 pm

I want to be thin, because then i can be the girl to be remembered as pretty, thin, and smart. People say stuff to me like, "You're not fat!" Okay, I'm not fat. But I'm not thin. I want people to say, "You're skinny!" But I don't hear that. If I see thin girls walk by, I look down in embarrassment, doubting myself, and that doesn't feel good at all.
oh hai thar.
dying_inside
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:08 am

Postby boumou » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:47 am

I thought thinness didn't make beauty... don't you watch the Tyra Banks shows, they say all shapes and sizes are beautiful. Personally, I could still find a person not thin be pretty.
boumou
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby ejensen1324 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:22 am

babybowrain wrote:Yes I agree with the purity reason. Fatness makes me feel impure and ashamed, and I've been thin most of my life and I like it that way! Also food sometimes disgusts me physically. And then being thin looks prettier to me in most cases...I look awful in anything over the medium weight. And then there's the thing with what people will think about me if I'm fat...that I'm lazy, that I eat too much, and they treat you differently. THEY start watching what you eat, how much to exercise. It's the same as being too thin, actually, kind of creepy, and their behaviour makes me feel like I'm being penetrated or thrown around the room...I can't stand it!

That is EXACTLY how I feel. That, and my life is completely topsy-turvy right now... honestly it's the only thing I can make do what I want in my life.
~Liz
ejensen1324
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:08 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Lotus_blossom » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:59 pm

because I am a perfectionist and have this need to feel superior to other women. Thin = superior. I used to be fat and was ostracized, shunned by my peers. After losing a lot of weight, I got positive attention from everyone. People were JEALOUS of me for being thin! I loved the attention.

A rough fact of life: The world hates fat girls.
Lotus_blossom
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Anorexia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post