Our partner

Could this lead to anorexia?

Anorexia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

Could this lead to anorexia?

Postby 1Zaphod2Trillian3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 pm

So a couple months ago I started cutting down my eating and exercising more. I really wanted to and still want to get thinner, and I have lost some weight. I have been looking up many ways to lose weight and the most effective ways to exercise to lose weight. I have recently starred using an app to track my calories and I use it daily. Sometimes I have found myself about to make myself throw up after eating but I have never done it.

Do you think these behaviors could lead to anorexia?

Thanks for your help
1Zaphod2Trillian3
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat May 15, 2021 12:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Could this lead to anorexia?

Postby salted lipstick » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:39 pm

I think you wouldn't be asking this question if you weren't already feeling like your behaviours might be a problem.

If you are not underweight yet, behaviours like this might fall under Other Specified Feeding and Eating Disorders (OSFED) [previously known as Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS)]. Have you considered speaking to a professional about your current thought processes around food and weight? It could be helpful to you to understand further where this is coming from before it develops into a more severe problem...
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anorexia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post