Our partner

how did anorexia start for you

Anorexia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: how did anorexia start for you

Postby Cristaline » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:34 am

for us it is complicated, because even doctors don’t agree on it : do i have anorexic tendencies, real anorexia or eating disorders because of my autism-related sensory issues. I personally think i have slight anorexic tendencies, but that most of my eating problem is because of sensory issues.
I never ate normally, i only ate liquid or blended food till i was 12, and very few quantities. I started liking that it made me thinner than normal around 11, after a very traumatic experience, and i restricted my eating even more. That’s when doctors started to wonder whether or not I had anorexia.
DID polyfragmented system. Host Melodie
Co hosts: Elsa, Shadow, Alena, Elsalena, Cassie and Cassidie
Mostly co-conscious now. We'll edit colors and post our system map as soon as we can.
Cristaline
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: how did anorexia start for you

Postby Neari » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 pm

It started in 8th grade I think. I was just starting to have friends (plural!) for the first time, and after awhile, I began to notice how everyone seemed to have a really nice body, but not me. I've always been naturally skinny, but I ha a lot of belly fat I noticed, and it was harmless at first. I just wanted to be fit, and to have a nice body. I started sucking in my stomach a lot more, and I started learning about healthy eating. About calories, which today is still one of least favorite words. As time passed I began to obsess over restricting calories, hoping it would give me a flat stomach and a skinnier body, and it became so, so unhealthy. I was becoming underweight and losing my friends as I focused so much on food.
But it took me a long time to overcome it, the process has been ugly and painful and I don't like thinking about it tbh, but I feel happy because I feel I have overcome it. It never really goes away, but it doesn't rule my life anymore and make me miserable. So that's how it started, but it will end, for everyone who has had to deal with it, you're all so strong. ♥️♥️♥️
Neari
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Anorexia Nervosa Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post