Our partner

Anger because of Bullying

Open Discussions about Anger and Anger Management.

Moderators: NewSunRising, thegentlepath

Anger because of Bullying

Postby spaulinx » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:21 am

Hi, I have anger frequently because I have been mocked and made fun of all my life. My faith helps, but it is still hard
spaulinx
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anger because of Bullying

Postby NewSunRising » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 am

Welcome Spaulinx ,

I'm sorry you are dealing with this and I think your anger is understandable and justified . No one deserves to be bullied or made fun of . I've found it necessary in my life to stop allowing negative people influence my sense of self-worth . Often , it can be as simple as looking at them and thinking " Yep , you're just a mean jerk . " and staying away from them at all costs .

Cut the jerks out of your life and understand that the mean things they say are designed solely to make you feel bad about yourself . You have the power to make them fail to do so .

The world is full of good people . Go and find them and bring them into your life . You deserve to be treated with respect and kindness .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:38 pm

Re: Anger because of Bullying

Postby Johei » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:44 pm

I have to second what NewSun said.

I used to get bullied, then I stood up to the bullies (violently), but discovered that people were now afraid of ME! Somehow I had become a bully, and I abused that power, to my eternal shame.
In recent years I ahave actively ignored bully behaviour (hard, because some id from people close to me), but what has really helped me, is helping those weaker than me.
I don't mean picking a fight with some bully picking on a little guy, I mean CARING for people.
Help an old lady get her groceries to her car, call a taxi for a guy stuck in the middle of nowhere, then pay for it. etc.
Approach people POSITIVELY.

Jesus said 'Whatever you have done for the least of my brethren, you have done for me'
I try to live by that.
It will take some energy, but after a while, you will stop dwelling on your negative thoughts, and start feeling better about yourself.
Johei
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:38 pm

Return to Anger Management

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post