Our partner

New Person

Open Discussions about Anger and Anger Management.

Moderators: NewSunRising, thegentlepath

New Person

Postby enaid » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:52 pm

I’m new to this forum and I’ve been struggling with anger and becoming overbearing and sometimes nasty with other people. Thank god most of the extreme behavior (loud verbal fights) seems to be behind me and I pray it remains there and I don’t experience this type of extremity anymore.

I’m also looking for help to identify triggers which are legitimate because the other person/people are playing games or have an agenda.

I’m on a depression panel at another site and I’ve been diagnosed bipolar.
enaid
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: New Person

Postby Aries411 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:39 am

Welcome to the forum enaid,

Identifying and working on triggers are often the first step. Out of curiosity, which triggers have you identified thus far? family? co-workers? situations? remarks?
Aries411
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Re: New Person

Postby Johei » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 am

EVERYONE is playing games AND has an agenda, it's human nature.
May... I tell you about something that changed me forever?
I used to lie constantly. To anyone and everyone. Always trying to make up an image so people would like and accept me.
This changed last year.
I had a bad accident. I was in so much pain, I didn't sleep for 100 days, and by the end, I was so exhausted, so worn out, all my defenses were down.
So I had no more energy for lying. I just started answereing people honestly, and the most unexpected thing happened.
People LOVED the new me. After 17 years as more or less a hermit, ranting at the world, I opened up.
Now I have people who care about ME, the REAL ME.
It's a cliche, but the best thing you can do... Is be yourself. Don't stress about the impression you make. If people don't like you, it's their loss. Hope this helps.
Johei
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:04 pm

Return to Anger Management

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post