Our partner

I've realized the root of my anger

Open Discussions about Anger and Anger Management.

Moderator: NewSunRising

I've realized the root of my anger

Postby wowyf » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:29 am

this is probably not much a light bulb moment to others who have discovered this already, but for me it was a big sobering realization. I often thought that others actions, quirks, comments, character traits, etc were what was causing my anger. That it was OTHER's fault that was triggering me.

BUT- I've come to realize that ultimately I'm furious with life in general because I"M just not happy. I think I'm in a deep depression, unable to feel a sense of personal strength and stability in my life. I cling so much to finding a good state of mind that when something or someone violates that it throws me off balance and I get so MAD. It's so difficult for me to be in a good mood and when I find myself there it is a very precarious balance, one where I get hyper sensitive.
wowyf
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I've realized the root of my anger

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:39 am

That's a very good and positive insight and I thank you for sharing it. That kind of self awareness is a huge step towards changing unwanted and unhealthy behavior . I hope this brings you closer to having the kind of life you want for yourself .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby wowyf » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Thanks NewSunRising for the really thoughtful and inspiring reply.
wowyf
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby NewSunRising » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:46 pm

I think people underestimate the strength it takes to really look at ourselves and see our negative aspects . It's not pleasant and it's not easy . No one wants to face the fact that they need to make serious changes and almost all of us really do consider ourselves good people , and rightly so .

Introspection can lead to some not-so-nice truths . It takes courage to face up to them and accept that we need to fix stuff . Change is hard . Keep your eyes on the reward that will come from it .

You deserve to be happy with yourself .
NewSunRising

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:46 am

Postby EricLarry » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:23 am

I also thought that the actions, comments, character traits, etc of others were what was causing my anger. I often quickly react in aggressive ways when I feel wronged or I think I am being treated unfairly. I always felt that it was really the other person’s fault. Then I diagnosed with depression and I realised it’s because of my mood swings that I get mad so easily. Now I’m still following my doctor’s suggestion on how to cope with depression and also how to manage my anger. I also found this video guide helpful *mod edit*
Last edited by Snaga on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: link edited
EricLarry
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:16 am

Postby RottenFish » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:57 pm

I've also learned the root of my anger was the constant blaming of either someone else, or blaming myself for something I felt was "wrong."

I learned that blaming and pointing fingers does not help any situation. Instead, taking responsibility for how I feel, and then taking action to feel better always brings positive results.
RottenFish
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:46 am

Return to Anger Management

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post