Our partner

Road Rage

Open Discussions about Anger and Anger Management.

Moderators: NewSunRising, thegentlepath

Road Rage

Postby Whysoserious10 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Has anyone else stopped driving due to their own anxiety and road rage? Lately I have not been driving as much as I used to unless it’s a doctor or therapy appointment. It’s because I have horrible road rage and I’m scared I’m going to get myself into an accident. I don’t feel I can control myself when on the road. It’s obviously not possible to say I’ll never drive again but I wish I could. Does anyone have any tactics to help with road rage? I have certain triggers that send me over the top. I have BPD and struggle with anger.
Whysoserious10
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Road Rage

Postby Johei » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:47 am

'Has anyone stopped driving because...'
Answer: Me!
I hate the mentality of most other drivers out there, as well as the way they teach driving.
I would be cruising along (with my instructor), behind a long line of other cars, along a busy street.
I would spot this frail, elderly woman, standing in the freezing rain, had probably been there for 10 minutes or more.
So I slowed down to allow her to cross.
Instructor: 'What are you doing? You have right of way!'
Me: 'I'm letting this poor woman cross'
Instructor: 'You're not supposed to do that! They will dock you points on your exam for that!'
Me: 'Oooooh. So to pass the exam, you have to be an *sshole?'

Anyway, I got all but 1 question right on the theory, passed the exam with flying colors.
That was 20 years ago, and I have only driven a car in emergencies since (People hurt, that kinda thing), beacuse they DO teach people to be d*cks in driving school.
These people then forget everything that would hinder them, but remember all the 4-hole stuff that is to their advantage, and that, my friend is drivers today.
Honestly, it's like anyone who gets behind the wheel drops 60 IQ points...
Johei
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anger Management

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post