Our partner

Tips to get rid of anger and reduce stress.

Open Discussions about Anger and Anger Management.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Re: Tips to get rid of anger and reduce stress.

Postby handsomejaack » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:43 am

i keep a journal, just a small notepad i carry with me, im always writing things down, i call it "cleaning out the attic", you keep that crap bottled up and soon they spill over into real life in my case
now most of my anger comes from "perceived threats" my own fantasy of someone doing me harm or trying to get me fired ect..
in my journal i write down "you arent being attacked""there is no threat""noone is out to get you" and i make a list of the things that arent really going on around me like that.
and at the end of the week i toss the journals, i have no need for them anymore, i have no desire to re live those dark thoughts, and i go buy another notepad for a buck up the street.
i used to laugh when people said the word "journal", but they too are a tool to use., once they have served their use get rid of it, why keep it? to reminiscence of days gone past to remind yourself how much of a $#%^ mood i was in? no my dude toss it.
Clean the attic and im telling you once you start you are gonna burn some pages up stock up on pens!
anyway this is a tool i use to calm myself down, because i can go real deep in anger real quick., i feel you i hope you find something to clean that attic
handsomejaack
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby enaid » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Journals are a great idea. You are advanced from myself because I still treat my reactions to other people as real so they go unchallenged. 8)

But still my journal serves a purpose and I make entries every day. :)
enaid
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:53 am

Postby zhml91 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Thank you for the instructions.
I am facing bad anger for a long period of time and facing lots of troubles. :roll: :roll:
zhml91
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Previous

Return to Anger Management

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post