Our partner

i care for my grandad with alzheimers ....

Alzheimer's Disease message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

i care for my grandad with alzheimers ....

Postby baze » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi,

i live with my grandad who has alzheimers and im scared that i shouldnt be here.. i suffer from depression and anxiety and i'm kinda agoraphobic i was diagnosed with bpd but think its crap.. i need to go doctors again but i get scared to tell them how i am and how i feel cos should i be caring for him? to be honest its the only reason i get out of bed in the mornin because i have to because of him.. so maybe its a good thing aswell?

could i be seen as unfit to be his carer?
baze
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 8:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: i care for my grandad with alzheimers ....

Postby Chucky » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Baze, you don't sound like you are a terrible carer/worker, and the fact that you are even worrying about your position is indication enough for me that you will do what is right in the present and future. Howevr, you should try to open-up more when you talk to a doctor. I know that you probably fear that he/she will deam you unsuitable to take care of your grandad, but I seriously doubt that would happen. In fact, it would be showing more responsibility on your behalf if you were dealing with your problems, rather than if you were just ignoring them.

THese issues/problems must be dealt with head-on, whether we like it or not, i'm afraid.
Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: i care for my grandad with alzheimers ....

Postby prodigalson » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:24 am

I admire you, baze. My mum have Alzheimer's but I sent her in a long term care facility because i cant juggle my work and my family. im a mother to wonderful twins. and i cant manage to look after mom.

Dont feel that way. You're such a good and sweet person
prodigalson
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Alzheimer's Disease Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post