Our partner

Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's Disease message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

Alzheimer's

Postby lady bug » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:05 pm

I am dealing with my husbands illness. He has good and bad days. I am finding it so hard to be patient and understanding with him. I pray for kind, loving and patient heart. I remember our love but he sees me as a stranger and no longer can meet my needs. I know his are greater and I see seconds of his former self. It hurts so much when you've shared 24 years together and it's not remembered. I look at our wedding pictures then look at him. They are two different people. I'm separating myself from him and just becoming his care taker because it hurts so much. I tell myself that he has died and I'm taking care of his body til the lord takes it. My children are in denial and seldom come around. He doesn't seem to know him anyway. I don't know how to meat their need because they won't talk to me. I've told them I need them if only for a few minutes. They never return my request. I feel so alone and am dealing with my own years of mental illness and abuse. I think often of just taking both of our lives. I want to be with him. lost
I have DID and need some friends
lady bug
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi,

Your second-from-last sentence is a very worrying sign and, as much as I don't believe you'd do such a thing, this does show that his condition is affecting you very badly. Coming to talk about this here is a good idea, but I believe that you should also start talking more about this with your friends/family - The more people that you talk to about it, the easier it will be to cope with.

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Re: Alzheimer's

Postby jandilee » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:43 am

edited by mod - spam
jandilee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Alzheimer's care: Simple tips for daily tasks

Postby kimjones » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Hey I want to share with you all these tips i found useful for every person with Alzheimer.
Schedule wisely.
Establish a routine to make each day more predictable and less confusing. Schedule the most difficult tasks, such as bathing or medical appointments, for the time of day when your loved one tends to be most calm and agreeable.
Take your time.
Expect things to take longer than they used to. Schedule more time to complete even simple tasks so that you don't need to hurry your loved one.
Involve your loved one.
Allow your loved one to do as much as possible with the least amount of assistance. For example, perhaps your loved one can dress alone if you lay out the clothes in the order they go on.
Limit choices.
The fewer the options, the easier it is to decide. For example, provide two outfits to choose between — not a closet full of clothes.
Provide simple instructions.
When you ask your loved one to do something, do it one step at a time.
Reduce distractions.
Turn off the TV and minimize other distractions at mealtime and during conversations so that your loved one can better focus on the task at hand.

Blessings to all! :)
kimjones
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Re: Alzheimer's

Postby johnwilson639 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:24 am

Thanks to share a great post with us.these all are a sign of alzheimer's
johnwilson639
Consumer 1
Consumer 1