Our partner

Are there any ways to prevent Alzheimer's disease?

Alzheimer's Disease message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

Postby Chucky » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:59 pm

No no, viruses don't think. In fact, officially, they aren't regarded as living at all. They are regarded as mere particles that are just injected into the body and, by chance, they bind to the surface of the target cells and are taken inside the cell.

The surface of every cell has proteins jutting out of it called 'receptor' proteins. The viruses are genetically-engineered to target these proteins and to bind with them. That's how they recognise their target cell.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Are there any ways to prevent Alzheimer's disease?

Postby johnwilson639 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:33 am

Alzheimer's disease is happen when cells reduce in a brain.the best way to get back from alzheimer's disease is to stay healthy and active.
johnwilson639
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Re: Are there any ways to prevent Alzheimer's disease?

Postby Juniper0 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Old convo I know, but I could care less. If someone could respond that would be nice.

I'm curious if certain substances, like fluoride, sugar, etc can cause the disease to develop or start in some people?

In my area, the water and toothpaste is laced with sodium fluoride. Isn't that basically a poison? mercury may have a similar effect. The stuff they put into dental fillings and junk.

Just wondering. And if they've studied using viruses to cure the disease all the way back then, wonder where stuff progressed to now. Unfortunately, no huge breakthroughs have been made so eh.

I'd be cool to see a disease get eradicated. But even then there are more issues to deal with, like population control and the like.
Juniper0
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:03 am

Previous

Return to Alzheimer's Disease Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post