Our partner

My situation

Agoraphobia message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

My situation

Postby thebrokenone83 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Dave, I am a man of course, im new here, id like to share a little of my life here and meet some people who are also dealing with similar situation as me so I dont feel like im the only one in the world who is like this, which I feel like I am the only one in my area thats like this, I live in Los Angeles, im 35, Im not home bound but I am city bound, basically my safe zone has become 2 close by cities which is about a 10 mile radius, being stuck in traffic gives me extreme anxiety, living in LA is traffic city, everywhere you go its busy and full of traffic. So I am bound to my small non traffic safe cities, I own a business, I go to the gym. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety my whole life, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Recently my mom has been in and out of the hospital, she has congestive heart failure, and a girl I was really in love with left me because I would not convert to her religion, I am a orthodox christian, she was in one of the cult like religions and I refused to join because my research and evidence points to wrong teachings and cult like practices. Anyway so she left me out of nowhere and broke my heart, its been 3 weeks, with my Agoraphobia, depression, my moms situation and the girl I love leaving me, this has been the worst year of my life, I cant seem to be happy, waking up some mornings, I just feel like i wish I didnt have to deal with my thoughts, I cant get her and my issues out of my head, I dont drink or smoke. I just wanna feel like im not the only one, I guess it could always be worse.
thebrokenone83
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My situation

Postby Snaga » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:36 am

Oh I'm sorry to hear about the g/f, but 'unequally yoked' does come to mind... at some point a person has to draw a line with their values and say no further.

I don't have agoraphobia but I am a very anxious person, probably could be Dx with Generalized Anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.

Do you ever try to push the limits of your phobia? Like maybe try driving a little ways out of your comfort zone each day? I've noticed with age that I do get more nervous in traffic- I'm not agoraphobic, though. But if I travel alone far away from home I can be nervous. Bigger cities now bother me, when before they didn't- but I remind myself if I'd lived in them, I'd be used to it. Maybe you can start trying to acclimate yourself by trying to step out of your familiar places regularly, and then push it a little further when you get used to it? Ofc I may be saying nothing new.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:56 am

Re: My situation

Postby thebrokenone83 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi there, every now and then I will push myself, but always end up having extreme amounts of anxiety, im sure xanax would help but I dont want to be using xanax all the time, I might need to try it tho just to help maybe, im not sure anymore.
thebrokenone83
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:56 am

Return to Agoraphobia Forum