Our partner

Severe agoraphobia. Help!?

Agoraphobia message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

Severe agoraphobia. Help!?

Postby Leslieslsa23 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:53 am

So basically for a little background info, I am on disability and have been for 6 yrs due to bipolar, borderline personality disorder, agoraphobia, ocd, addiction, and an eating disorder. I am in and out of the psych ward constantly and have been since I was 16. At this point my agoraphobia and anxiety in general is SO severe I cannot go past a block away from my house unless its by ambulance. I am on all kinds of medications for my issues and two particularly for anxiety, but it just doesn't seem to get better. Instead its gotten so bad I feel completely detached from the outside world and even tho I have a car I cannot even imagine myself going places anymore. At all. Its almost like a mental block and seems like an impossibility. I can't even go to any doctors or therapists or anything. My health is also not so good for a 29 yr old and I feel that something is wrong but I can't even step into a gas station much less go to a doctors appointment. I am so stuck. And it just keeps getting worse no matter what I try to do. God I just don't want to die like this. I want to have a chance to actually live again. It just seems impossible at this point. I am so lost. What do I do?
Leslieslsa23
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Severe agoraphobia. Help!?

Postby NeikoMeeks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:10 pm

I know this post is from February but I wanted to reach out and let you know you are not alone. I have many of the issues you described. What I have learned in therapy has been so helpful... some of the things like "its okay for me to feel some anxiety, its okay to be slightly uncomfortable for a small window of time" seem obvious but when I have to go do something at a new or "unsafe" location (I have a specific grocery store, goodwill, smoke shop, and 1 designated friend's house - all less than 2 miles from where I stay) I remind myself of this. Also remembering to celebrate the little victories... no joke, I celebrate when I take the trash outside or get the courage to grab the mail or offer to join my partner when he goes to the store (I only volunteer to go to those safe places mentioned but I hope with more therapy and time I will regain my confidence and be able to go to other places with him and explore the world more.)

Anyway, you aren't alone and I just wanted to remind you of that <3

Always,
Meeks
System Name : Miykal-Li

Dxs : Agoraphobia, BPD, CPTSD, GAD, GID, MDD, OCD, SAD, Unspecified Psychosis

Others :: Myles (protector)
Jessie (administrative)
Sir/Sr (disciplinarian)
Meeks (little), Neiko (little),
Nicholas (middle), Nichole (middle)
(+6 others that aren't comfortable being named here.)
NeikoMeeks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Agoraphobia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post