Our partner

Only: air; and i

Agoraphobia message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

Only: air; and i

Postby Sam the man Leslie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Catch me, as i fall: say you're here; and it's all over now.. i'm so tired of fear- like open doors, you give me all but the reason why.

If only for a day; although you're still with me- a breeze will help clear: speaking, to the atmosphere.. No one's here and i fall into myself (trapped by these childish reasoning's).

Hiding behind the mask- the betrayer, this air around me.. Never was; never will be: this truth drives me into: maddening.
i know, i can stop the pain: if i will it; all away.. I sold my soul, just to sleep- somewhere...

Your presence won't leave: if only for...there's just too much, that time, cannot erase; i've tried so hard, i tell myself- i can smell you, alive.

Your voice; it...chased away all of the sanity within me, and if you have to...: holding my hand through all these years.. How can you see into, when i've been all alone, all this time- you still have: hold of my hand.

Now, i bound to this pain- is just too real: (never was, never will be) you're not real, you can't; save me.. "i fall into myself."

This truth: drives me into bedlam.
hidden depths
Sam the man Leslie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:55 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Only: air; and i

Postby salted lipstick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Powerful words...

Did you write it yourself?
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Only: air; and i

Postby Sam the man Leslie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Thank you for asking/commenting on this poem.
Yes I did write this myself.

Recently I've just spent 18 months in hospital, and had loads of spare time on my hands.. So I decided to place my emotions down in writing (poetry).
I have written quite a number of them now, and some of my most poignant are displayed on my blog page.

Once again.. Thank you for posting, and if you like this one then check out my others I have posted.

Sincerely: Sam...
hidden depths
Sam the man Leslie
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:55 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Agoraphobia Forum