Our partner

The sound of 2017 scares me. It's so futuristic.

Agoraphobia message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

The sound of 2017 scares me. It's so futuristic.

Postby esmccue » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Hey guys. This is super random and just occurred to me while I was in the shower, and I'm feeling a bit better but I wanted to just put this out there and see if anyone else gets scared about this too. Isn't it so weird how we're living in the 2010s? I was born in 1997 and I've pretty much only known the 2000s and have written it down my whole life but it really freaks me out sometimes. It sounds so futuristic and scary to me. It sounds so stupid but I can't stop thinking about it. I know that time essentially isn't a real thing either but thats where the irrational anxiety comes in. Anyone else ever feel this way?
esmccue
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The sound of 2017 scares me. It's so futuristic.

Postby Purple 8 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:36 am

I'm not scared of things that are futuristic because they're futuristic, but I'm scared of the future for different reasons. I have similar thoughts to those you mentioned, like an obsessive fear of illness and that's just one example. There's lots of things that I obsess over irrationally and it's because I have Obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Perhaps you should seek professional help. I did and it was the best decision I could have made.
Purple 8
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Agoraphobia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post