Our partner

What's your story?

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What's your story?

Postby jasmin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:36 am

Hi, everyone! :D

In this thread, you can take some time to introduce yourself and meet the community. Please make separate topics for receiving advice, but you can talk about your situation or life here, if you like.

Did you find this forum helpful?

What made you decide to post here?
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:17 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What's your story?

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:51 pm

I have had PTSD due to childhood events but am getting better, thankfully. I will be listening if you post.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:17 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby rogue_one_angel » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Greetings to you all,

I suffer from PTSD due to many years of incarceration. I managed to survive many situations of "imminent death" which I had a lot of time to reflect upon, afterward. Every day, every hour, every minute, brought the threat of some obstacle, an enemy not realized until the moment of confrontation, and new and improved "security policies" that kept all the warehoused personnel at each others' throats, so to speak.

It has been nearly 15 years since I "hit the street" and the events of those years are all locked up in my mind and seem to have manifested themselves in the spirit of who I am today. To this day, I still hear the sounds, smell the odors and I can still feel the oppressive nature of my stay as a guest of the state corrections department. This condition is compounded by the fact that this economy supports the stereo-typing of ex-cons; there is no such thing. Once convicted, a person carries a life sentence - in all practicality - that cons cannot get past, no matter how much one has put one's former life-ways behind them.

Anyhow, I do not mean to digress. All these attributes of my personal form of PTSD have had the effect of adding their influence to my already irascible temperament, creating for me a maelstrom from which I cannot seem to emerge with any feeling of wholeness, leaving behind a disintegrated form of my existence; at least as it is for me . . .
rogue_one_angel
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:17 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Welcome to the forum rogue_one_angel thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I hope you are getting help with all this.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:17 am
Blog: View Blog (177)