Our partner

Whats happening?

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Whats happening?

Postby SocialDisaster » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:45 am

I realise stress can trigger all sorts of weird sensations in the body. I just thought Id list mine to see if anyone else gets the same:

1. I bite not only my fingernails, but all the skin around the tips of my fingers.. also picking at my fingers, like when you got that glue on your hands as a child in art class and it was just fun to peel it all off.
My fingertips are always sore and sometimes bleeding from doing this, I have also not cut my fingernails since I was a child.
I cannot control this. I even do it before Im aware of it.

2. My hair falls out excessively and blocks the shower drain everytime I shower.

3. I dont have dandruff, but I like to pick at my scalp, like Im massaging it.

4. I get insomnia.

5. I cannot concentrate.

6. I hardly eat, and just 'forget to eat' usually only lasting 24 - 36 hours.. then I gorge myself on carbs. Reason why Ive put on 30kgs (66 pounds?).

7. If the stress is really building up in me, I get these strange and sudden.. I call them 'voices' but they are more whispers, I cannot make out what is actually said. Its a bit like hearing the wind blowing loudly in your ear.. and aggressively. They only happen about twice a year on average.

8. I get migraines that last a few days. Painkillers do nothing. I usually have to lay down in a dark quiet room.

All of these, I have been told are 'just related to stress and my anxiety'. As Ive had every blood test under the sun, always normal?
SocialDisaster
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby SocialDisaster » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:54 am

Oh my, I just realized I posted this in the wrong spot, would a mod please move it to an appropriate area? Thankyou, Sorry about that!
SocialDisaster
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby whero » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:42 am

Hearing voices in a sign of schizophrenia. You can get by without drugs I think but you should try to get sleep. Get a sleep schedule cut off cafeine and make sure you goto sleep at night. You might want to see somebody.
There is nothing to fear except fear itself. - FDR
...beauty is in the details

whero
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Acute Stress Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post