Our partner

Stress and Constipation

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Stress and Constipation

Postby peach3000 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:37 am

Hi,

I am writing an article on the link between stress and constipation. I would love it if you can tell me your experiences with stress related constipation.

Thanks
For help and free tips on stress management, visit http://www.stress-help-guide.com
peach3000
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:17 am

Hi,

Thanks for providing the link. Any help that our members can get is good. Regarding my own 'stress' issues, well, I suffer stress every day of the week. Even when I am on holidays, I suffer stress. I can't imagine how this is affecting my heart but I exercise a lot and have been weight-training for around 8 years now. So, I think that my heart should be in a reasonably good condition. I had my cholesterol taken a few months ago, in fact, and it was lower than the average.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby peach3000 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:49 pm

Chucky wrote:Hi,

Thanks for providing the link. Any help that our members can get is good. Regarding my own 'stress' issues, well, I suffer stress every day of the week. Even when I am on holidays, I suffer stress. I can't imagine how this is affecting my heart but I exercise a lot and have been weight-training for around 8 years now. So, I think that my heart should be in a reasonably good condition. I had my cholesterol taken a few months ago, in fact, and it was lower than the average.

Hi Chucky,

I am always happy to help.
Stress can affect many bodily functions - not necessarily the heart. And I found that exercise relieves muscle tension. You should check if there are any other manifestations to the stress you are experiencing.
For help and free tips on stress management, visit http://www.stress-help-guide.com
peach3000
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi,

If you are experienced in the area of stress and mental health, then you should try to post more on this website to help others. However, try not to always refer to your link / story, as this will make you appear to be just a 'spammer' in the eyes of some people.

Take care,
Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Stress and Constipation

Postby Jaspar » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:29 pm

peach3000 wrote:I am writing an article on the link between stress and constipation. I would love it if you can tell me your experiences with stress related constipation.

How about another point of view.... that some people are more vulnerable to both stress and to constipation for the same underlying reason, and NOT that the stress itself causes the constipation.

Consider Celiac or mitochondrial dysfunction. Both may result in vulnerability to stress. Both may result in constipation.

Jaspar
Jaspar
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Yoga is an excellent exercise for 'stress relief

Postby gabrieljosh » Tue May 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi just wanna share this...

Yoga is an excellent exercise for Stress Relief. Sharing your problems with your loved ones can also help you get rid of stress. Aggressiveness and headaches are some of the physical symptoms of anxiety and stress. You can join weekend seminars on stress and tension management too. Red wine, if taken in moderate amount, provides quick 'stress relief'.

Stress is brought on by physical and emotional issues. For those individuals suffering from stress, their brain actually emits hormones which may cause changes in their body. One of the changes most often related to stress is increased blood pressure. Aggressiveness and headaches are some of the physical symptoms of anxiety and stress. Yoga is an excellent exercise for Stress relief. Sharing your problems with your loved ones can help you get rid of stress. You can also join weekend seminars, clinics and training programs focused on stress and tension management.
Last edited by Butterfly Faerie on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link
gabrieljosh
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Return to Acute Stress Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post