Our partner

Medication not helpful against stress. Please help

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Medication not helpful against stress. Please help

Postby breannabr » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:29 am

My husband has diabetes and has got a very stressful working environment. He has started medication but they are not of much help. He gets stress about everything in life. It’s driving me nuts. If any of you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
breannabr
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Kathie23 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:16 pm

breannabr,

How long has your husband been on the medication? I know it can take time for the medication to work but if he has given it enough time to help then the best suggestion for him is to go back to his doctor and discuss what can be done about it and if there are alternate means to reduce his stress until they can find a medication that will work for him.

Hope things get better for you and yours.
Kathie G
Kathie23
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:35 pm

Postby SmallTalkRed » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi,

I bet kathie23 is right. I know you can take oral med for diabetes,
my current step father does. But I remember my mother saying how they tried to switch to a different brand and it made him very mean. and this is a easy going guy.

Stress can kill you, so I would taking him back to the doctors and talk to them about his stress levels and see if they can't give him something. And you may need to try a different drug for the diabetes.

Also there is aromatherapy, lavenadar and vanilla is very calming in a candle of oil. Another thing that works with me is having a fountain in my home, I have had various kinds. I like haveing one hang on the wall and I have one setting in my bedroom. These little things help and if your man is anything like mine is would not say "oh I think I would reduce my stress by listening to a fountain of water"

I just went and did it for ME and him. I dab pure lavendar oil on his pillow and mine. When you wake up in the morning, stretching all of your body before you get out of bed is very good for you body and mind. Stretching sets off endorphines in your brain telling your (his) body to wake up and feel good.

I will ask my mom what the med was, just pm me if you want.

take care,
red
SmallTalkRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:35 am

Re: Medication not helpful against stress. Please help

Postby Finally_Free » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:11 am

My wife and i have stopped taking synthetic medicines because we have found a supplement made of amino acids and a herb that has been very effective in eliminating our stress, it is called Gabatrol. I would encourage you to try it. We have tried every type of synthetic med out there and this stuff has no side effects and is the only thing that has worked for us.

[EDITED BY ADMIN: link removed]
Finally_Free
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:35 am

Stress and diabetes management tips

Postby Rachel Moron » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:48 am

You know top experts say that some stress is good for you -- it can sharpen your senses and your mind too much stress is bad for your mental and physical health. As your husband being diabetic patient must have strategize their medication treatment to cope up both diabetes and stress at same time. Even I can understand that extreme stress and anxiety may interfere with your ability to conduct your daily life. Here some best tips suggested by *mod edit* top bloggers you can refer for your husband. First take up yoga, meditation or Yogic deep breathing technique. Talk to a therapist. Talking about your problems is a reliable way to alleviate the stress that stems from them.Take up a relaxing hobby. Join a class or find a workshop to learn and practice your favorite hobby.Step back from the situation. Remove yourself from the stress-or. Diabetic person should stay conscious of eating well, exercising regularly and taking nutritional supplementation.
Last edited by lifelongthing on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: advertising is not allowed on the forum
Rachel Moron
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:35 am

Return to Acute Stress Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post