Our partner

Trauma symptoms

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Trauma symptoms

Postby bettyboo10 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi
I was abused in every way by my partner last year and initially, I was suffering extreme anxiety (PTSD prob) where I was barely functioning due to the level of nerves and anxiety until I went on some medication.
I have been going through a divorce now and find that whilst much of the time there is absolutely nothing inside of me even though 'I may laugh or talk as normal on the outside', occasionally I disassociate if triggered and I rarely sleep a full night as I can be triggered by dreams. I have started to come off medication (It was never a high dosage), and I am finding that the only feeling that is coming back seems to be anger - not revenge nor anger where I want to hurt someone, but just anger in my bones over the unfairness of having had my life taken away on so many levels. The majority of time, however, I still walk around feeling empty as if there is just a void inside my body. Has anyone else experienced this following domestic violence?
bettyboo10
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Trauma symptoms

Postby Terry E. » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:15 am

If you ask child abuse survivors how they feel about their lives - the unfair thing is always going to be just below the surface. Just understand that you are not alone.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:21 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Acute Stress Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post