Our partner

Exercise/Food Programs

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Exercise/Food Programs

Postby micah9b2b » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:42 am

Hi. I am an 18 year old male. 5'8, 250 pounds. I want to be down to 180 in a year. I was looking for exercise tips that can help me lose about 2-3 pounds per week.

Also what foods should I be eating? I am high school senior and plan on eating salads every day for lunch. But what about breakfast, dinner, and snacks?

I really need help. I have been fat all my life, and really want to get these numbers moving. I have been drinking nothing but water, and eating more fruits and vegetables over the past couple weeks, but it doesn't feel like enough.

Thanks.

Last edited by micah9b2b on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
micah9b2b
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:33 pm

Hello my friend,

I feel well-equipped to answer this because I cannot recall a day within the past few years that I WASN'T stressed. Stress and I are like 'peas in a pod' as they say.

Techniques I use to relieve stress are:

1) Slowing things down
    Do everyday tasks at a pace at which is not stressful.

2) Music
    Listen to peaceful music. Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D Minor is good. Bjork's Come To Me is also good. I will happily create a CD for you and post it to you if you wish.

3) Lie down, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and relax

4) KNOW when stress is incoming, and then take a break from whatever stressful activity you are doing
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Suggestions to get relief from stress

Postby donovangrefard » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:52 am

It often happens with marketing people. Improving sales, reaching targets in time bound period, giving less time to family health problems occur, even I have been through it. I would suggest you to try meditation and visit http://www.theramood.com/ for stress relief patches. I have used these patches and I now feel calm and collected. They are really helpful. And there is a popular saying “work is not the entire pizza, it just a slice of life”. So spend time with yourself. I think you would feel better.
donovangrefard
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

My way of getting rid of stress

Postby kennymadea » Fri May 30, 2008 1:59 am

My way to let stress out of my body is to simply lie down on bed , to simply let things go. I would close my eyes. And simply sleep for a while.
kennymadea
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Chucky » Fri May 30, 2008 8:52 am

That is a very effective method, kennymadea. I made my first reply here in August last year. I have now come to realise too that sleeping is good for relieving stress.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Acute Stress Disorder