Our partner

maybe it's Just TOO MANY HOURS ...think ?

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

maybe it's Just TOO MANY HOURS ...think ?

Postby Labetteboy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:50 pm

[/color][color=red]
Code: Select all
PIPER CUB 6-2 CHARLEY ,,, TAKE YOUR POSITION AND HOLD , YOU ARE FIRST IN LINE FOR TAKEOFF, BEHIND THE CITATION [color]

"When I was 10 it was only ,,, ohhh "Billy just has ADD, n ADHD " , yall leave him ALONE and dont make fun !

When I was 20 it was just ,,, " Man that Bill Wilson sure is a MOTIVATED Individual, Isn't he ?"

When I was 30 it was like ,,, " He sure is Impressive and Doin well , wish I had that much ENERGY "

When I was 40 it was said ,,, " BOY, he was a mover n a shaker, One of the BEST back in the day "

FINALLY I' VE MADE IT ,,, and all those " Qualities " are now dysfunctions MANIC , Bi POLAR , ANXIETY RIDDEN, DEPRESSED, ANTI SOCIAL , DELUSIONAL , MOOD SWINGS , PARANOID , SCITZOPHRENIA, SEIZURE PRONE , SCAREY KINDA FELLA---
they say ,,, " YA MIGHT WANT TO STEER CLEAR OF HIM "
Well I've still got all those" QUALITIES " and I will come to terms that maybe I was Overworked,with the high milage my body has on it after 80 hours a week all my life. I just need to adjust my center of Gravity, Get everything in Check and just move on. When I was younger..I might have been the one who runs down there and gets it handled Quickly !! But, now I must learn to be the one who walks down there, has inner peace , contentment and happiness, which was surely one missing Element. I remember back when MY 30 YEAR CAREER started I was only 15 years old and Dad said ,,,
[i]
"If you're gonna do it , do it right and dont stop half way "

Each Day I try to find one good person, one kind heart, one injured soul to lend a hand to . I've turned my life over and If I do tGOD will take care of ME. BECAUSE [quote]THERE IS GOOD IN THE WORST OF US,... AND BAD IN THE BEST OF US !![/quote]

I hope I can really start to RELAX , enjoy the moment and find that inner peace within ME. [color=darkred]"I'VE STILL GOT WORK TO DO, ----
-----"don't beleive me ? ASK GOD "

Code: Select all
CESSNA 4115 PAPA ... SWITCH OVER TO TULSA TRAFFIC @ 1211.7
AND PLEASE SIR ---  " HAVE A GOOD TRIP "[/i][/color]
 [b][i][u][/u][/i][/b][color=darkblue][/color][size=18][/size][color=black][/color][color=darkblue][/color]
Labetteboy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Fsecloitxt » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:39 am

Was 80 hours a week just exaggerating? If not that is a lot! In a way I can kind of relate to you. Not your present "condition" if you will. I go to school mon through fri. And every day after school I work until 9 9 30. Then I come home and have homework for all of my college courses and i'm up till about midnight or later. Then I get up at 6 the next day and start all over. And I work weekends. Some weekends days I go in at 10 a.m. and get out at 11 that night. Its truly tiring and wearing. I recently developed anxiety and depression. And im feeling mood swings. Maybe bi polar. I hope not though... I can't handle anymore mind problems. I'm finally learning how to deal with the two I have. I havent had any anxiety in a loong time. But i have really bad depression. I want to cry all the time, and I can't keep any relationships with frineds or family... Which inly makes me more depressed. I do soo much. And im only 16. Its so much to handle, and i've always feared that one day thatll happen to me. Te way people always compliment my work ethic, and my academic achievments. I dont want to be looked at and have people say, "wow he was really something, what happened to him?" Its a fear of mine, that I will try my best to avoid. I see myself wealthy, a workoholic, stressed, tired, and alone in my future. Everything around me is negative, and depressing. And I'm sorry to make this post about me. But did you feel this way when you were younger? I am destroying my life... slowly. I cut off relations with my dad. And my friends are turning their backs on me slowly but surely. I am feeling more and more alone. And everyone tells me. Youre being dramatic, I work too and its not that bad. But no one does what I do. NO ONE! (in my school) I feel so... i dont know the word... helpless, hopeless, like Im not in control of my own life. I have to work. Im too poor not to. And its wearing me down, and destroying my life around me. I'm afraid Im gunna wake up alone one day, when my family is gone. Again sorry to make this about me, but I had to do something. I vent sooo much to people around me and they get frustrated with it. I have to vent to someone that will listen. And NOT a counselor! I will not spend my hard earned money on someone who is only listening because Im paying them. Its retarded... Ugh. Sorry again. But I need help! How can I stop venting, and listen more to them? I feel so selfish. I just need tips on how to not constantely complaining. I understand everyone has to complain, but i do it waay to much.
Fsecloitxt
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Re: maybe it's Just TOO MANY HOURS ...think ?

Postby faepacific » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:51 am

I've been dealing with something similar myself lately.

I've been working for the last 5 or so months without any real time off or compensation to speak of. When I used to work as a CNA. I was warned about "burnout" I never really took it seriously though until I had my first real experience with it.

When I ended up in the mental hospital....

The counselor told me that I was certainly not alone, and that "it happens to the best of people." At the time it wasn't much consolation. but this time around, I was able to look back and recognize the symptoms before blowing them off as part of my bipolar disorder and calling it "just a manic or mixed bipolar phase"

I really hope you find the peace you are looking for. God can and will do everything to help you along the way. Trusting in that is what is solely responsible for keeping me and so many others with mood disorders afloat for so long.

For Fsecloitxt...

Fsecloitxt wrote:I am destroying my life... slowly. I cut off relations with my dad. And my friends are turning their backs on me slowly but surely. I am feeling more and more alone. And everyone tells me. Youre being dramatic, I work too and its not that bad. But no one does what I do. NO ONE! (in my school) I feel so... i dont know the word... helpless, hopeless, like Im not in control of my own life. I have to work. Im too poor not to. And its wearing me down, and destroying my life around me. I'm afraid Im gunna wake up alone one day, when my family is gone.

I think you may be mistaken about destroying your life...it sounds more like life is destroying you! I wish I could give you some sound advice here. But all I can really offer is my sincere sympathy and understanding. The fear that you will end up alone can be terrifying. I've dealt with and still do deal with that fear myself.

I can tell you though that it does get better. If you can find just one or two people that understand and support you and your need to vent, it will do you a world of good. I don't know what your beliefs are, but for me prayer really helps. God has a way of easing even the heaviest of burdens.

keep venting .... I haven't posted anything yet, but when I do you can feel free to vent at me about whatever ..even if it's not related to my post because I really do understand that need.
My heart is an open book
faepacific
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:35 am

Re: maybe it's Just TOO MANY HOURS ...think ?

Postby rpb » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 pm

I think that kind of experience is a beautiful thing in a way because it gives you access to a level of wisdom which is necessary to move into true elderhood - and that is what the world is desperately short of right now - wise elders ready to step up and take responsibility and lead by example. Congratulations, too, on surviving such a punishing regime for so long!
rpb
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Acute Stress Disorder