Our partner

stress causing pain??

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

stress causing pain??

Postby Healing-with-time » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:34 pm

Hi everyone, Lately I am under a lot of stress which is causing a lot of anxiety. I was just wondering if it is possible for stress and anxiety to cause a little bit of stomach pain. It is nothing drastic or anything just discomfort... is that normal??
Healing-with-time
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby sweetngentle » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:51 pm

I have found that the more stressed I am my stomach problems (IBS & ulcers) increases. For it I was given Zelnorm for the irritable bowel syndrome and Protonix.

My stomach will cramp, bloat us and I get a lot of heartburn too.

Hope this helps :)

Sweetngentle
Blessed are those
who can give without
remembering, and take
without forgetting.
sweetngentle
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 am

Re: stress causing pain??

Postby meanne2007 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:06 pm

Healing-with-time wrote:Hi everyone, Lately I am under a lot of stress which is causing a lot of anxiety. I was just wondering if it is possible for stress and anxiety to cause a little bit of stomach pain. It is nothing drastic or anything just discomfort... is that normal??

Recognizing Anxiety Attack Symptoms

By the National Institute of Mental Health

What are the different kinds of anxiety attack symptoms?
Panic Attack - Disorder

* Repeated episodes of intense fear that strike often and without warning.
* Chest pain
* Heart palpitations
* Shortness of breath
* Dizziness
* Abdominal distress
* Feelings of unreality, and fear of dying
meanne2007
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby ellin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:11 am

You should consult with a doctor. There are many options available in the market for depression, anxiety and this type of mental health issue. Xanax is one of the best medicines available in the market for this. You can find more information about xanax at http://www.xanax-effects.com
ellin
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby sweethappyprincess » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:03 am

I think yes it may cause to stomach pain. As whenever i am in a stress my stomach automaticallly starts paining.
sweethappyprincess
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby juanluso » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:17 pm

I am sorry my dear friend I have no such idea regarding to your subject but I can suggest you to take steps accordingly and if I will get any answer for you then most probably I will tell you.

AcidReflux
juanluso
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby wordsnmelanie » Tue May 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Hey Healing-with-time,
Stomach pains are a common symptom to chronic stress. Chronic stress is different from acute stress and is also a more severe form of stress. Acute stress is what we feel when we are under pressure for a deadline from a boss, are threatened with physical violence or some other isolated incident that causes stress for a specific, short, period of time. Symptoms of acute stress include elevated heart rate, sweating, nausea, tunnel vision, spatial distortion, incontinence, sleeplessness, hypervigilance and/or being in a daze, irritability, etc.
Chronic stress is stress that goes on for a prolonged period of time with no sign of ending. Usually this is caused by stress of long term financial stress, marital stress, job stress, feelings of inadequacy, social awkwardness, or some other social/interpersonal stress over a long period of time. Symptoms include severe stomach/digestion problems (i.e. ulcers, IBS, Crone's disease, etc.) high blood pressure, Cardiovascular disease (hardening of the arterial walls), insomnia, eating disorders (anorexia or bulimia), chronic forgetfulness, easy startle response, exaggerated emotional response, depression, mania, compromised immune system response, and other very serious effects.
If you have been feeling stress for more than 2 days then you are considered to be in a state of chronic stress. If you have been under chronic stress for more than 4 weeks then you need to talk to a health professional about your symptoms as they worsen the longer you are under stress. Also a mental health professional can help you manage your chronic stress and also overcome it.
Hope this helps,
-Mel
wordsnmelanie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Acute Stress Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post