Our partner

help with PTSD associated w/ heart!

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

help with PTSD associated w/ heart!

Postby en10se101 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 am

Hello, Im on my iphone browser but i decided to post this topic,
My names john, im 19 years old and i have had PTSD since around thankgiving.
I dont want to get into details because the topic is sensitive but i Overdosed heavily on a combination of heavy CNS stimulamts and had to go to ER for 2 days (At which my resting BPM Raised to up too 194-197.) 4-5 days after that event I still had heart palipations and thought everyday I was going to have cardiac arrest....

Now jump to today 3 months~ after the fact and I still everyday think im having a heart attack throughout the day. I check my heart rate (2 fingers on my neck) about 200 times a day around. I check sometimes every 3 minutes... Even if im with friends ill just periodicaly check my bpm. If im iffy on how fast its going, ill pull iphone out and load stop watch to check exact bpm. I feel 100-% relaxed if im in the 60-85 range but anything higher causes extreme anxiety and panic. As on know the tools i use to calm heart rate are..
-deep breathing (breathe in, hold, breathe out slow)
-slow relaxing bike rides
-walks around my block
-Talking with my mom / close friends on phone (if i have to stay in my moms room until my heart slows)
-Drinking water / fluids (i heard it lowers bpm)
-Lying dwn on bed and watching tv

So im here because i have to wait til friday to talk to my weekly phycologist,
and im trying to get support on my ptsd. Its running my life for me, I dont control my happiness..
My heart rate does, it even forced me to start using vicodin / other pharmacudical downers to force my heart rate to lower, I havnt done it much but a few times since my od months ago. I also had to stop taking my adderall prescription (adhd med) and trazadone (sleep/antidepressant) bevause it would have side effect of raised bloodpressure.

If any1 has tips/ tricks for avoiding panic attacks associated with my tramatic event or for lowering heart rate, or... how to lose the need to check heart rate throughout the day... id like to know, thanks,
john:3
en10se101
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: help with PTSD associated w/ heart!

Postby en10se101 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:28 am

bump
en10se101
Consumer 0