Our partner

what is happening to me please?

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

what is happening to me please?

Postby lily21 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:28 pm

A couple days ago, I was hospitalized after taking fake mdma. I found out it was fake because when I was tested for drugs in the hospital and all they found was a bac level of.25 . Anyway, I had lost consciousness and was unresponsive for about an hour and a half. Since then I've had mental flash backs but its been about four nights later and I have just begun to physically feel a panic attack similar to how I felt just before I lost consciousness. My whole body feels heavy and tingly which gets more intense when I move, rapid heart beat, dissociation and anxiety. Its almost comparable to the feeling of sleep paralysis if that makes sense. I have a lot of stress in my life also. I'm not much for doing drugs it was just something I did out of stupidity and now I feel pretty traumatized to the point that I keep re experiencing it physically . What is happening to me? Please help.
lily21
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: what is happening to me please?

Postby weepingwillow » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:59 am

Hi lily,

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm glad there was someone who was able to get you to hospital!
I can imagine that would be a traumatising experience and its not surprising you are having flashbacks etc.
Did the doctor at the hospital mention any possible side effects etc? If you're worried you really should get checked out just to make sure it isn't some kind of reaction. Also, if you are feeling stressed enough to do something dangerous that is totally out of character for you then do you think you could speak to someone about whats going on? Maybe your GP?

Let us know how you are doing.
((Big Hugs))

willow
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
weepingwillow
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

Return to Acute Stress Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post