Our partner

Trichotillomimania Info:

Trichotillomania message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Trichotillomimania Info:

Postby AliceWonders » Tue May 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Last night someone told me about this particular forum and I had to search the term trichotillomania in google because I had never heard of it before.

I had never heard of it before, but I am a skin picker and pruner of myself to the point of scaring, scabing and infections at times (stressful times mainly).

While I was googlling I stumbled across a wealth of information on a website called "Trichotillomania Learning Center" (TLC)
http://www.trich.org/

I was glad to find this site because it offered information of the skin picking aspect of TTM (which more often refered to buy hair pulling) and I was able to identify closely with much that was expressed on this particular page that describes SP; it's mentality, therapies and then some: http://www.trich.org/about/skin-faqs.html

More info on hair pulling can be found here: http://www.trich.org/about/hair-faqs.html

Treatments for these 2 aspects of TTM are listed here: http://www.trich.org/about/skin-treatment.html

A beautiful and interesting way to help deter these impulses and keep you hands busy when you're stressed (so that you're not picking and pulling) is by the use of spinner rings
When you're tempted or you find yourself picking your skin, or pulling your hair, you reach to your ring and spin the cylinder to keep your hands away from your face/head and help give you an alternate outlet to your anxious impulse- try to place your mind on something else, calm down, and think while you spin your ring.

I like this idea. There's many other ideas on the site, but I like this one so much I'm gonna run out to Walmart and get myself one of these rings and see if it works :wink:

Take Care all and best of luck in your healing
~Alice :mrgreen:
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth~Oscar Wilde

Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together~Eugene Ionesco

Once you chose hope anything is possible~ Christopher Reeves
AliceWonders
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Trichotillomimania Info:

Postby Worried4MyLove » Wed May 18, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Alice, sorry to be a bother, but please tell me where you saw the ring? Thanks so much
Worried4MyLove
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby AliceWonders » Tue May 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Worried4MyLove wrote:Hi Alice, sorry to be a bother, but please tell me where you saw the ring? Thanks so much

No problem, I saw them here: http://yhst-96492593834123.stores.yahoo ... rings.html
but if you google search 'spinner rings', 'meditation rings' or 'turkish spinning rings' you can find lots online and maybe even at a store near you.

Walmart has some, but they're mens and come only in size 10 & 11

Hope this helps :mrgreen:
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth~Oscar Wilde

Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together~Eugene Ionesco

Once you chose hope anything is possible~ Christopher Reeves
AliceWonders
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby xXvampiregirlXx » Sun May 29, 2011 8:03 am

i like the idea of the spinner ring :) my friend has one that was a gift to her from her sister and was custom made with dragons on it,i want one just like that lol.it sounds like a great idea for when your nervous or figity
sometimes things dont work out the way we planned, to live is just to fall asleep, to die is to awake
xXvampiregirlXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Postby Worried4MyLove » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:01 am

My girl got a ring, YAY. I swear to god, if things work out and we get back on track, when I pop the question ( DOWN THE ROAD, IN CASE SHE EVER READS THIS) I swear the ring WILL BE A dimaond studded spinner!! :wink:
Worried4MyLove
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby xXvampiregirlXx » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:11 am

Worried4MyLove wrote:My girl got a ring, YAY. I swear to god, if things work out and we get back on track, when I pop the question ( DOWN THE ROAD, IN CASE SHE EVER READS THIS) I swear the ring WILL BE A dimaond studded spinner!! :wink:
lol nice,i like the idea
sometimes things dont work out the way we planned, to live is just to fall asleep, to die is to awake
xXvampiregirlXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Return to Trichotillomania Forum