Our partner

Never admitted this before =\

Trichotillomania message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Never admitted this before =\

Postby Lauren_0_ » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi,

Really really nervous about posting this and not really sure if it's in the right forum...but have struggling with pulling out my hair and plucking hairs for years. I'm not sure if there's even a name or diagnoses for 'hair plucking'?? Just wondering if I'm the only one? Sorry for sounding a bit pathetic but I've never told anyone before. I've just finished a year of dbt, some ofy symptoms have decreased a lot but only for others to increase. Especially the hair pulling. Now I've been left with no support and don't know what to do :'( can anyone help?

Thanks
Lauren_0_
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Never admitted this before =\

Postby Emmalin » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi, i haven't long joined here and if i'm totally honest the lack of replies to posts (not just mine as i have only done one) makes me feel worse than before i joined, for some reason i thought this would be a good place to meet people going through the same things as i am. But yes i can relate to what you are going through, i had a shock the other night when i looked down and seen how much of my hair was on the floor, i didn't even realize i was doing it until then. I can't advise as i don't know why myself but hopefully there are ways to stop x
Emmalin
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby trich_chick » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:07 am

It takes a lot of strength and courage to speak up. I went six years without telling anyone. My suggestion would be to talk to a therapist. Once I finally sought help I was able to start healing.
trich_chick
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm

Postby quagsire » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Went years without telling anyone till my mum noticed, it's like a drug addiction, the sooner you stop the less permanent damage you do, every time you do it you are satisfying an urge that creates a good feeling for you. The only time I still do it is when I don't even realize. Just stop consciously doing it and you'll be fine.
quagsire
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jeannalou » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:10 pm

I really don't like how few of us there are on here, but I come on at least once a week and reply to all the posts that I see have emerged since last time I was online.
jeannalou
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Trichmale1979 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:31 am

Lauren_0_ wrote:Hi,

Really really nervous about posting this and not really sure if it's in the right forum...but have struggling with pulling out my hair and plucking hairs for years. I'm not sure if there's even a name or diagnoses for 'hair plucking'?? Just wondering if I'm the only one? Sorry for sounding a bit pathetic but I've never told anyone before. I've just finished a year of dbt, some ofy symptoms have decreased a lot but only for others to increase. Especially the hair pulling. Now I've been left with no support and don't know what to do :'( can anyone help?

Thanks

It sounds like trich. The only person can help is you. Self control . Learning to ignor pulling impulse . If you find a way . It is a only key to beat the trich . Trust me impulse will disappear it takes time.i used to pull from my scalp . I learned how to say no to pulling . It never bothers me anymore .it is forgotten .i know it is hard but easy to type :)
Trichmale1979
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 pm

Return to Trichotillomania Forum