Our partner

The Cure for Tourettes?

Tourette's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: The Cure for Tourettes?

Postby Tiredtothebone » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:11 am

My son has the tics and he has never had a vaccine or a shot of any kind. He has never even seen a Dentist his teeth are perfect. So all the connections are hard for me to buy. We have an extremely healthy diet. I have a brother that has it too. So I am more in line with thinking it is genetic in nature. We are trying the Omegas and B complex. Recently we had strep go through our house and his Tics are crazy bad. So I am even thinking there is something to the whole Strep connection.
Tiredtothebone
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby S-man » Wed May 02, 2012 2:19 pm

My neurologist has had me on different medications in the past and recently changed it to Abilify, 10 mg. It works pretty well but tends to taper off in mid day, so I need to ask if I can take a second dose at the time of day to take me through. It has a good track record and strong positive comments online as well.
S-man
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 am

Postby alexm2 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am

"Tiredtothebone"

unfortunately if you think your son has never had a vaccination you are sorely mistaken . . . where are you located? All babies are routinely given the hepB vaccine at birth in the US & UK. Check with your hospital where your son was born.

At birth was your son in your full view at all times? He wouldnt have been. Babies are taken and washed and vaccinated ofter birth.
alexm2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby alexm2 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:37 am

http://www.nyrnaturalnews.com/chemicals ... er-autism/

read the article . . . I rest my case (again).
alexm2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby IceBlock » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:45 pm

With all due respect - if a court decided that the earth was flat, would that change anything?

The autism-vaccinations connection hasn't been scientifically proven. I think it's high time to accept the fact, that some children are just born different. It's natural for people to look for explanations and reason, but sometimes there just aren't any.
If there's trouble...
...all us freaks have is each other.
- Abraham "Abe" Sapien
IceBlock
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 am

Postby LindsTics » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:19 pm

I was diagnosed with Tourette's at age 5 and am now 26. I have never had any Mercury fillings, nor have I eaten seafood. My younger sister and I had all of the same vaccinations growing up and I have Tourette's and she doesn't. Tourette's is genetic. Tics run in my family. The fact that your Tourette's has been "cured" makes me skeptical about whether you truly had Tourette's (and not another disorder) in the first place. Regardless, I'm glad to hear you're doing better and are free from tics. Unlike most people with Tourette's my tics have gotten worse as I've grown older.
LindsTics
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:59 pm

Postby alexm » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 am

Well, the other major way Mercury can get into you is via High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). If someone's teeth are perfect and they have never had any vaccinations (hard to believe) then mercury can enter via HFCS.

The evidence is there - it is mercury-sensitive disease.

HFCS is in most sweets/candy (just take a look at the ingredients) and of course what do children eat most of all when they are young, yes candy! Even if they have a "healthy" diet, and please note "HEALTHY" is in the eye of the beholder. Drinking store bought orange juice, aint healthy . . .it contains HFCS . . .as do most other processed foods. Aspartame enhances the effect on the brain also.

BTW - mercury sensitivity is genetic, but Tourettes isnt. Your family has "tics" in the family because they are all sensitive to mercury containing products: foods/vaccines/teeth fillings etc. Get rid of the mercury and the touretts/tics will be gone - simple as that.
alexm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:59 pm

Postby Malgus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 am

hi im j
im a teen
I got fillings when I was younger, I cant remember how long ago or what type of fillings they were.
idk if that's what caused my tourettes but its really getting worst, not to mention I get bullied because of it. I really need something... what type of dentist would be able to remove them?
please get back to me im really running out of options...

:cry:
Last edited by lilyfairy on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: privacy
Malgus
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:59 pm

Postby LindsTics » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi J! Have you tried taking any medications to help suppress your tics? I take 1mg of Haldol and it controls my tics about 85% to 90%. The reason medications like Haldol work is because they are Dopamine blockers. Dopamine is a chemical in the brain and most doctors and researchers believe that people with Tourette's have too much Dopamine, which causes us to tic.
LindsTics
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:59 pm

Postby Malgus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 am

um ok, ill talk to my doc... but, would it help if I just pulled my last filling out? would that stop my tics?
Malgus
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Tourette's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post