Our partner

Cold and hot make my tics worse

Tourette's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Cold and hot make my tics worse

Postby basicperfectionist » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:37 am

I'm 16 years old and have had noticeable tics since I was 11, although I think they may have started earlier than that. I have had several come and go, with only 2 that have lasted longer than 4 months. The two being a shoulder tic and a duck-sound tic. When I get cold, the shoulder tic acts up horribly but when I'm too warm, my vocal acts up. Does any one else have a similar problem?
basicperfectionist
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Cold and hot make my tics worse

Postby roversprings » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:59 pm

I have never had the experience you describe but then we are all different. What happens to me and I think is fairly common for individuals with Tourette's is that when I get nervous they get worse.
roversprings
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cold and hot make my tics worse

Postby FaithinWrongthings » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Oh my gosh yes!!

I have this tic where i shudder and slap myself in the chest, (and yes it is painful) and when I'm cold it is a heck of a lot worse!! Can't stand it!
If you know me from the D.I.D forum a couple years ago, feel free to PM me, just know i go by a different name now.(I'm gender fluid)
I am Kayden, a 17 yo diagnosed PTSD TS & Bipolar. Undiagnosed DID used to be DXed with mood disorder with psychosis but somewhere along the lines they forgot about the psychosis?
FaithinWrongthings
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Tourette's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post