Our partner

Online survey (Chance to win £100/$166)

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

Online survey (Chance to win £100/$166)

Postby PhD_Researcher » Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi all! I am a doctoral research student and I'm doing a study on post-traumatic stress and social group membership. I'd be very grateful if you could complete this survey by following this link:

http://bit.ly/1sSfiEm

The survey should take about 10-15 minutes. Anyone who has gone through a trauma is eligible to participate -- you don't have to have post-traumatic stress disorder. Everyone who completes the survey now and in a year's time (we will email you again to remind you) will be entered into a draw to win one of 2 x £100 ($166) prizes.

Thanks for considering this request, and please let me know if you have any questions about the study or about me!
PhD_Researcher
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Online survey (Chance to win £100/$166)

Postby ebo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Ok, here it goes.
ebo
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:52 pm

Re: Online survey (Chance to win £100/$166)

Postby vzp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:17 pm

I was going to do the survey... until I clicked on the link, and a page of legalese jumped on me.
The survey would take 14-20 minutes, the werbung said... but to read through the legalese and comprehend it would take another half hour.

Aside from that, the legalese text probably talked about common sense things.

I am good with common sense.

And I don't sign "I've read" when I haven't.

I decided the return of pleasure to do the survey was not attractive enough to chew through the boring and completely unnecessary legalese of the preamble.

I suggest to the organizer to either substantially reduce the size (word count and complexity) of the preamble, or do away with it altogether. You are scaring away would-be participants.

Of course you get all the willing participants who are willing to lie and say they've read the preamble, while they haven't.
vzp
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:52 pm

Return to Surveys & Studies

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post