Our partner

Research Study On Self-harm (Earn up to $100!)

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

Re: Research Study On Self-harm (Earn up to $100!)

Postby loise » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:35 am

hi! is this study still going on?
my daughter might be interested and she could also learn more about herself
loise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Harvard Study » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:59 am

Hi,

I'm sorry for the confusion! Our study is currently on hold; however a newer version will be starting up in October. If you are interested in participating but you do not want to disclose a personal email address, you can create a new email account using gmail or another program (as many participants have done previously). Please let me know if you are still interested in participating!
Harvard Study
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby loise » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:37 am

sorry it has taken so long to answer....but she is too busy now and not interested. Also receiving some help.
thanks again and good luck with your project.
loise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Harvard Study » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi, just so you know we are now opening recruitment again for the research study! See below for more information.

We are a Harvard University research team currently working on a study looking at people who harm themselves. The primary goal of the study is to better understand what kinds of thoughts and feelings motivate these behaviors.

We are interested in recruiting people who use this website to participate in our research study. Participation is completely voluntary. If you are interested in participating, you will complete an online screener to see if you qualify to participate. If you qualify, you will complete a variety of questionnaires online. The study will take place online over the course of 2 months and you will be compensated up to $280 in online gift cards to Amazon.

A few important things to know about the study are:
1. The study includes questions and images regarding self-harm and other unpleasant images. Some people may feel that these images are disturbing and may find them to be triggering.
2. The study also involves playing a game online.
3. All information collected will be kept confidential.
4. Participation is completely voluntary.
5. The link we provide will send you to a website telling you about the study. Once on that site, you can decide whether or not you want to participate.
6. If you start to participate and decide you no longer feel comfortable or you are no longer interested, you can end it without any penalty or punishment.
7. We will provide links to treatment resources throughout the study.
8. This study will include only participants who are 18 years and older.
9. If you participated in the Harvard TEC Study, you cannot participate in this study.

Please send us a private message or email us at harvardwebgame@fas.harvard.edu if you are interested in participating. Once you contact us, we will send you a link to the screening questionnaire to see if you qualify and to tell you more about the study. Thank you for your consideration!
Harvard Study
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby loise » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:19 am

hi, i do not know if i apply. i started when i was about 8 years old. i had a period in my teens when i was active. and as an adult is mainly mentally.... i might be interested.
loise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Surveys & Studies

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post