Our partner

Personality Disorder & Online Support

This forum is for studies & survey's that have been approved by forum staff.

Personality Disorder & Online Support

Postby UP677406 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Interested in taking part in a Psychological survey?
My name is Joseph Cassidy, a postgraduate psychology student of at the University of Portsmouth, UK. Under the supervision of Dr. Adrian Needs, I am conducting research into personality beliefs, interpersonal skills and the role of online social support in coping. If you are interested in taking part, we would welcome your contribution!

-----------------

Study title: Translating underlying beliefs, interpersonal skills and social support across the internet.

Description: The study examines how beliefs about oneself and others correspond with interpersonal skills – and how social support might contribute. We hope that our findings will shed some light on an under-explored area and provide an important springboard for future research (particularly regarding online support).

Three brief questionnaires have been designed to investigate these concepts. They all use short, numerical scales (e.g. 1-5) to respond to each question. Your participation should take no longer than 20 minutes in total.

If you wish to participate: please follow this link to the survey website, where you will be asked to read an information sheet and complete a short consent form. The surveys will then follow. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!

-----------------

Contact details:
Mr. Joseph Cassidy
E-mail: up677406@myport.ac.uk

Dr. Adrian Needs
E-mail: adrian.needs@port.ac.uk

Please feel free to pass this survey on - the more respondents the better. Thank you for your time and attention!
UP677406
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Personality Disorder & Online Support

Postby Fists » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:24 am

I'd be happy to participate in this study.
Fists
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am

Postby UP677406 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Fists wrote:I'd be happy to participate in this study.
That's fantastic, thank you! I'm sorry that it took me so long to reply - we've had all sorts of technology-based issues this week.

Best,

Joseph.
UP677406
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby UP677406 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:37 pm

I wanted to post to thank everyone who has already responded to this survey - I'm eternally grateful for your contributions and will continue to stick around should you have any questions for me.

As we're still some distance short of our target however, I also wanted to let all you lovely people know that you're more than welcome (nay, encouraged!) to pass this survey on to anyone who you think might be suitable.

All the best,

~Joseph.
UP677406
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby UP677406 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:17 am

Shamelessly posting to keep this study in-the-loop, as we are still plenty short of our participant target. As always, I'll be ready and waiting for any questions you might have and can only reiterate my gratitude to those who have already completed the survey.

All the best,

~Joseph.
UP677406
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby UP677406 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Hello all,

This is likely to be the final 'bump' for this topic, as in 2 weeks' time I will have to close the survey and start analysing the results. An enormous thank you to everyone who has contributed thus far and also to anyone who does so within the next fortnight.

Please, if you do think you could contribute to this study, don't hesitate - we'd welcome your input.

I will be around to answer questions, discuss thoughts etc., but as I am on holiday for the next 10 days, my replies might be a little delayed.

All the best,

Joseph.
UP677406
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby UP677406 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello all,

I'm doing a last-minute push for participants, as we've had a bit of an issue with SurveyMonkey (which has left us with fewer respondents' data than we thought we'd have). We are planning to close the survey next week, so if there are some people out there who can manage to fill it out before then, I couldn't describe how grateful we would be.

Once again, if you've any questions, queries, concerns or just want to chat about the topic, feel free to post/PM.

Thank you, everyone. You've been super and I really appreciate your support. Best,

Joseph.
UP677406
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Ferox » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:24 am

What were the results?
Ferox
Consumer 0
Consumer 0