Our partner

You are not alone.

Stuttering message board, open discussion, and online support group.

You are not alone.

Postby gamnot » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:09 pm

You may be surprised to know how many people stutter or stammer. There have been many famous people who have had this tendency. I would call it a tendency rather than a problem in order to reduce the anxiety related to it. The kings of England and Britain who stuttered or stammered: Charles I; George III; in recent times, George VI; Annie Glenn, the wife of John Glen the space hero; Thomas Wolfe, the famous novelist. Once Thomas Wolfe told a friend that he was going to give some speeches at a college for a significant amount of money and the friend replied; "you cannot do that because you stutter and Wolfe said, I can stutter at the college because I need the money."
gamnot
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:21 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: You are not alone.

Postby Bginagin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 am

I was surprised to learn Julia Roberts and her brother Eric were both stutters.

The main reason I visited the site this evening is because, I experienced a terrible bout of stuttering while speaking with someone earlier. Sigh. I don't feel so alone about it now.

The latter part of this year brought out the stutter in rare form seemingly, when it happens. :(
I may not know my way right now, but I will know real soon..
Bginagin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: You are not alone.

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Bginagin wrote:I was surprised to learn Julia Roberts and her brother Eric were both stutters.

The main reason I visited the site this evening is because, I experienced a terrible bout of stuttering while speaking with someone earlier. Sigh. I don't feel so alone about it now.

The latter part of this year brought out the stutter in rare form seemingly, when it happens. :(

When you mention "rare form" how do you mean?
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (141)

Return to Stuttering Forum