Our partner

I am driving myself crazy

Social Phobia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I am driving myself crazy

Postby Ema » Thu May 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I am so happy to find this forum. I have just kept my thoughts to myself so people won't think I am crazy. I worry about lots of things, only usually the things I worry about are not what others worry about. I don't care how I look or how nice my hair is, I worry about always saying the wrong thing. So, here I am now, after a conversation at work where we were just talking, driving myself crazy worrying over what I said. It is not that I argue or anything like that, but it seems like if I say the weather is nasty, everyone else seems to say it is nice and so I feel like an ass for opening my mouth. I have tried keeping my mouth shut, but then I think that people will think I am rude or that I am not a "team player" if I don't speak up. Right now I am on a short term/part time contract that could be renewed, but now I am thinking that because I say such stupid things that they won't hire me again and I love the job. I worry that I talk too much, or not enough, or say the wrong thing. I will wake up in the night and replay the conversations over and over. Then I start thinking I should drop by work on some pretense, just to see if everyone acts normally toward me. If they don't, then of course there goes another night's sleep. Sometimes I just have a loud voice in my head saying, 'SHUT UP". Any suggestions. Thank you. :cry:
Ema
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I am driving myself crazy

Postby manic666 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Try an chill , an stop trying to hard to be liked. Anyway you say you dont care about your cloths, an how your hair looks. Why not ???????? your working with people, you should look the best you can ,not dont give a ###$. If you look like you dont give a $#%^ people will talk about you. They are makeing conversation with each other, thats all you have to do ,so tidy yourself up an get mixing . You say you love your job dont call your work buddies . . :wink:
manic666
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ema » Thu May 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Just to be clear, when I said I didn't care about how I looked, what I meant was while others spend hours bemoaning the way they look and spend hours trying to improve themselves, I don't worry about that. I am clean and well kept. I am slim and in good shape. I just used that as an example of something that I don't worry about. It was more a comment on how I don't worry about everything, just what comes out of my mouth.
Ema
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby manic666 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:12 am

Ema wrote:Just to be clear, when I said I didn't care about how I looked, what I meant was while others spend hours bemoaning the way they look and spend hours trying to improve themselves, I don't worry about that. I am clean and well kept. I am slim and in good shape. I just used that as an example of something that I don't worry about. It was more a comment on how I don't worry about everything, just what comes out of my mouth.

Take another look at your first post, what do you think i would think, you wrote it , an it sounded that way. You think you talk rubbish at work , had anyone said you do. Theres always one that will tell you , if not your doing ok, so chill an blend in slowly, it a prob lots of people get , take a deep breath an think what you say first. 8)
manic666
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Social Phobia Forum