Our partner

Lap sitting obsession

Sexual Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Ada

Lap sitting obsession

Postby peyton » Sun May 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi. Just call me Peyton. I have a strong pre-occupation, you might even call it an obsession. I have this really strong affinity for lap sitting. Specifically, i think and fantasize about girls, (young women of legal age and older, not children) sitting on my lap. For as long as i can remember, i've had this particular fetish. It started in high school. Flirty girls would sometimes sit on my lap cause they thought it was fun to titillate guys. It carried on into adult hood. with various girlfriends i would have, and even platonic female "buddies". Some way or another, i would find a way to have them sit on my lap. It got really intense when i began to attend Halloween parties, and the practice began to involve photos. I'd go to Halloween parties, chat up any lady in a sexy costume, have a drink with her, and go into my spiel about" wow, you look really sexy, can i take a picture with you?" Then, i'd find someone to work the camera, i'd sit down, have the girl sit on my lap, and snap! one click later, another photo for what was starting to become a rather large collection.

My question is this: Am i normal? Or do i need counseling? Because it's just that i can't seem to get the act of lapsitting off my mind sometimes. Most guys, i presume, usually think about having sex with a sexy woman they see. For me, it's not even about sex, it's just about "i'd love to get her to sit on my lap," and sometimes even thinking about being able to capture it on film; one more picture of a sexy woman sitting on my lap.

I'm recently divorced, and now more then ever, with no spouse to be faithful to, this predilection has become stronger then ever. Please understand: I'm not a "letch" or "creeper". I don't accost women who dont even know me out of the blue to do this. If i meet them at a social function or through a mutual friend, and feel that they'd go along with me and not be offended, then i might engage them on this. But i don't force myself on anyone nor do i harrass anyone either.

But it's just that this is all i seem to think about sometimes. i peruse my picture collection on my hard drive with these kinds of images i've collected, sometimes for hours on end. i don't understand why, of all things sexual, a girl sitting on my lap is the one thing above all others that turns me on like nothing else ever has.

I don't know if anyone has ever had these feelings that i'm having. i don't know if this is normal or abnormal. i'd just really like some inisght and possibly answers from anyone who can analyze this situation going on with me.

Thanks.

"Peyton"
peyton
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Lap sitting obsession

Postby janjones » Mon May 28, 2012 9:09 am

Hi Peyton,

I’m a woman and for what it’s worth this lap sitting interest of yours seems pretty innocuous and harmless. The way you describe it, it doesn’t come off as creepy or weird, just flirty. Even if I’m one of those women who sat on your lap in the past I won’t have a problem with it.

Like anything you become ‘obsessed’ with I guess the question is - Can you live a normal life and ‘take care of business’ with this in your life? If you quit your job to have more time to have women sit on your lap, it’s a problem. If it burdens your mind so much you can’t concentrate enough to pay the bills, it’s a problem. I’m suggesting that you base your need for counseling on the ramifications of the ‘problem,’ not the problem itself.

I’m sure in the history of the world, you are not the only one to have these feelings. And lots of people like to be physically close. Just like a hug, I’m sure having someone sit in your lap results in the release of nice chemicals in the brain like dopamine and serotonin. So, please don’t worry and or allow this interest of yours to make you feel bad. It may not be ‘normal’ but it’s not bad either (unless paragraph 2 applies :) )

Take care Peyton -- Jan
I am not on the forum much these days. Please contact another staff member. Thank you.
janjones
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:54 am

Postby IARN » Mon May 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Peyton, I too am a grown woman and I know a lot about men and sex and your right what you have is known as a Fetish. I would say your "normal" but I have not met you wink wink. Your lucky to have a fetish that is as Jan says "pretty innocuous and harmless" Seems you enjoy your fetish. One of the most common Fetishes are breasts, there are all kinds of fetishes and anything can become a fetish for someone. You got this one in adolescence when most get theirs. Mostly its men who get a fetish. But I have one too....men in uniforms and kilts grrrrr especially the great kilt. But I digress. You just remember your only able to hold one thought at a time so if your fine with your fetish just do something else especially distracting or set a timer to limit your time looking at the pics. That is if the time is being wasted. A lot of fetishes cause discomfort to the man. Cross dressing is one that often the man does a binge and purge. He will buy the clothes and enjoy, then the guilt or bad feelings for self builds up, he then purges, discarding the items, then later will start all over again collecting the clothes up again. Some are okay with it and finds healthy ways to enjoy his fetish like often Halloween or his partner is cooperative. More often than not he keeps it secrete as too many do not understand. The release is to do the behavior and reach climax and usually just like with vanilla sex or a masturbation to orgasm the person is released and can go about their day until the sexual tension is built back up. This is very simplified but its basically the way it is. Jan really knows what she is talking about so if its not interfering with your life and getting in the way of relationships, keeping a job, getting promotions, your credit score etc...keeping your bills paid, roof over your head, then your fine and you have a fetish/hobby. BTW I might of sat on your lap too!~ The important thing is how do you feel about it. :D IARN
IARN
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby mdavidstar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:40 pm

This should make you feel better: I'm a grown man who has the same fetish, except I like sitting on women's laps instead of having them sit on mine. At least your fetish conforms to standard gender norms!

That said, I spent way too many years being ashamed of myself. The fact that I get turned on by lap sitting may be a little unusual, but so what? I work hard at my job; I have friends; I have (otherwise) normal relationships with women; I pay my taxes; blah blah blah.

Here's something else that may help: after hiding my secret shame for years, I finally told some women about my fetish. I've yet to have a single one say, "Ugh! You're weird! Get away from me!" Not all of them get it, of course, just as I don't get balloon fetishes. But all the smart women I've talked to have been respectful, and the most mockery I've gotten is by women who think my fetish is boring. "Why did you make such a big deal about something so innocuous?" Some have even let me sit on their laps! (Wink.)

Life is too short to waste time worrying about whether you're "normal" or not. We all have little quirks. Your quirk is not mine and mine isn't yours. If you didn't have your quirk, you'd have some other quirk. If everyone was the same, the world would be pretty boring.
mdavidstar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ypal » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 am

I have a similar obsession. Actually I like to be lifted and carried by strong women. Does anyone else have this obsession?
ypal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Ada » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:22 pm

ypal wrote:I have a similar obsession. Actually I like to be lifted and carried by strong women. Does anyone else have this obsession?

Yes, I've heard of this before. Is it more related to Macrophilia or a straightforward lift and carry fetish?
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

From The Great Dictator — Charlie Chaplin
Ada
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby ypal » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 am

Ada wrote:
ypal wrote:I have a similar obsession. Actually I like to be lifted and carried by strong women. Does anyone else have this obsession?

Yes, I've heard of this before. Is it more related to Macrophilia or a straightforward lift and carry fetish?

No not Macrophilia I believe it is the obsession with giantesses, etc. But mine is a simple lift and carry fetish. Lately I have been going to a working girl to carry out this fetish and it seems that the more one does it, the less need one has for it. Does it make any sense?
ypal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Ada » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:18 pm

ypal wrote:it seems that the more one does it, the less need one has for it. Does it make any sense?

Yes, I think so. Perhaps it's because you know you can indulge when you decide to, so you don't need to spend time obsessing about it or trying to work out ways to get it? It's a balanced part of your sex life, rather than taking over anything else because it's hard to obtain.
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

From The Great Dictator — Charlie Chaplin
Ada
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (29)

Return to Sexual Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post