Our partner

Do I have a sex addiction?

Sexual Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Ada

Do I have a sex addiction?

Postby Johnb » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:53 pm

I can't be with one woman, because there are so many hotties out there could want to be with. I'm seeing one great girl, but there's two other girls I see less often that give me stuff she doesn't but whom I don't like as much. I haven't told anyone I'm exclusive with them. The other day I got drunk and went home with a guy. It was kinda gun. Today I got wasted and ordered a transvestite and a female hooker and just enjoyed an hour with both of them. It cost me $1400 but can afford it, tho would probably rather save the money. Undernormsl conditions would o be considered a sex addict?
Johnb
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do I have a sex addiction?

Postby winginitx » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:37 pm

I think by any rational standard, yes, you wuold be considered an SA. But my advivce is not to get hung up on lables and definitions. What strikes me by your words is the void you're are trying to fill by your behavior, and the fear that the lack of this behavior has over you.
I think perhaps you're coming to the realization that - as thrilling as this stuff may be at the moment - it really isn't satisfying in the long run. Am I right? If you're like me, one day, you will climax after a session and wonder why you're not any happier for the varied sexual experiences you're having. I mean, I thought all this stuff would make me happier in the end; but it had quite the opposite effect.
IMHO, and from decades of experience doing what you're doing, you are in what I call a 'Dark Spiral.' Your denial wont let you see it for what it is. Don't trust your feelings; they are fickle and lie to you. They are in panic mode and just want to protect you from emotional pain - as they are supposed to do. That is why perhaps all this activity feels normal to you.

Again, if you're like me, you will have this "Matrix" moment, where you realize that everything you knew about sex and love was wrong. It's like you're living in an altered reality where you think this is normal and healthy - but your gut says something is wrong. If you doubt this, just ask 2 or 3 good, moral, perhaps married friends about this activity....and ask them their opinion.

My friend, I have done everything you noted above - and much worse - and none of it filled the void. It is a rabbit hole with no end. Before you know it, following that path, you will be that lonely, creepy old guy with no family who buys empty sex and is never fufilled. You're smart; just extrapolate from your current behavior and see the natural end of things. Where does it lead?

If you're inteterested, you can check out my personal recovery blog. Make sure you go to the beginning though and see the struggling part: www.mydarkpassengerandme.blogspot.com
Last edited by winginitx on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winginitx
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Craving4Sex » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:19 pm

the key words in your post are drunk and wasted, when were drunk were more likely to indulge in sexual behaviours we can better control when were sober. we have all been there, blind drunk and gone home with someone we wouldnt have when sober and then had to face them the following day, and face ourselves in the mirror, so maybe cutting back on the drinking would also help as well as seeking help for SA?
Craving4Sex
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Craving4Sex » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:35 pm

your blog link doesnt work winginitz
Craving4Sex
Consumer 0
Consumer 0