Our partner

Finding out he's a paedophile changes how you feel about it?

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: narcbolan, salted lipstick, CrackedGirl, Restored

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Finding out he's a paedophile changes how you feel about it?

Postby crystal_richardson_ » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm

so i accidentally found some evidence that my brother who sexually abused me throughout my adolescence nearly every day despite my telling him to stop and pushing him away/fighting him off unsuccessfully may be a paedophile...

the memories of what he did to me have always bothered me and I think about it daily, but finding out that he may be a paedophile for some reason has changed how these memories and everything that happened affect me now. It feels like he wounded a much younger or core part of me now, even though all I can remember clearly is him sexually abusing me during my adolescence. Before these memories bothered me, but it's like now they bother me differently, and the hurt and damage feels somehow "deeper", if that makes any sense?

So I was just wondering if any of you have been in my situation and whether you felt differently somehow when you found out that he is or may be a paedophile?
crystal_richardson_
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Finding out he's a paedophile changes how you feel about

Postby WiseMonkey » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:34 am

Hi crystal richardson,
I haven't been in this situation, but I can believe that news like that change the way you feel about your past. Sounds like this has been an important change for you.

WM
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."-Martin Luther King, Jr.
WiseMonkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post