Our partner

I Told My Uncle

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

I Told My Uncle

Postby sabrefly » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:48 pm

It was a huge step for me and I was pretty scared and nervous but I actually told my uncle what happened to me. The good thing is he believed me and told me to seek help which I am doing. The bad thing is he said no one else would believe me and it's best if I didn't even bother telling them. I know my mother would never believe me because she is completely blind to anything that matters. I pretty much knew my dad wouldn't believe me but it was disconcerning to hear someone else say he wouldn't believe me either. So I guess I've told everyone who I can tell without being banished from the family. I'm scared my uncle may tell my father and then fireworks will start going off. I have no intentions of taking my step father to court or anything like that but I am concerned he is still doing it to someone else. I'm sure there have been other girls who he has touched. I want to expose him for what he is but I'm sure no one would believe and write me off as the "crazy girl" in the family. But sometimes I don't even care who knows or not or if they even believe me. I've carried this around for so long and I'm ready to put it down and put it behind me.

Do you think I did the right thing?
sabrefly
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am
Blog: View Blog (8)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I Told My Uncle

Postby spike » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't have much to offer, but wanted to acknowledge that I have read your thread. Hope you're okish.

Take care and hugs
spike
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby yankintheuk » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:29 pm

I totally think you did the right thing. It doesn't matter who believes you. You know it happened and a good step to getting better is by telling others. Congratulations on having the courage to do so.
yankintheuk
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:35 am

I really think you did the right thing well done. It does sound however like you are worried about the possibility of him doing things to other ppl and unfortunately this puts you in a position where you need to consider telling more ppl and possibly reporting. However this is a really big deal and you have already done a big deal by telling your uncle, plus you are in a vulnerable place so I would suggest thinking carefully about this before taking it further. Well done for telling, I hope it gives you some relief.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (177)