Our partner

I think my sisters are in danger, what should I do?

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

I think my sisters are in danger, what should I do?

Postby Survivor2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 am

Hi, sorry if this is a bit long. Ok, well my mum married a pedophile (not convicted) and he used to be a school teacher but mysteriously quit when he was accused of perving on two girls at swimming practice. They got married and had a baby when I was 11 and thats when the abuse started. 3 years later my mother caught him with his hands down my pants while I was doing my hair, getting ready for school. He did this every morning and I hated it but like everything he did I justified in my head like thats what a dad must do (my mum was a single mother for years as my dad was abusive) and I thought my mum knew what was going on. Anyway after catching him in the act my mother left him, then a few months later he was living back with us. This happened 4 times until I was 16 and left home. He convinced her that he had changed and my mum used to make me 'test him' as she called it to see if he had really changed. Sure enough he hadn't. I recently found out my brother has been abusing my sister, and when I told my mum about it she said it was my sisters fault for being alone with him! I couldn't believe she would say that. She has now aparently left my step dad and has filed for divorce. The thing I'm worried about is she lets him see my youngest sister unsupervised and my other sister who still lives at home has seen him putting his hands down her pants. The youngest is only 6 and doesn't want to say anything bad about her dad, and since I left home has completely changed personality and is all quiet and withdrawn. He hates my other sister because I think she is the only thing stopping my mum from going back to him. Now I'm not sure if my mother is also abusive. She has groped my sister, is always talking about personal things like what it looks like 'downstairs' and gets angry at her whenever she wants to close the door to get changed (she's 16 so she wants her privacy). My sister is scared of her and doesn't know why. Does it sound like something else is going on? My sister has also started self harming and has panic attacks all the time. I also had this problem and it took a long time for me to stop. I'm scared she is gonna really hurt herself and regret it later on like I do. Oh and my mum is having another baby with him too, what should I do? I havn't said anything to her because she has depression and is belemic and I'm scared she will hurt herself. She plays the victim all the time, and was abused my both her mother and father. I am now married and a mother to 2 beautiful children, and its hard because I don't trust her to be near them. What do you think I should do? Should I report this? If I do I know my mum will lose custody. Any advice will be helpful, thanks :)
Survivor2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I think my sisters are in danger, what should I do?

Postby pheonixrise » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:43 am

Yes, definitely report. Your mother has proven she is unable to keep her children safe. For their sake, she needs to be reported. If she decides to hurt herself, that's her choice. Your siblings currently do not get a choice about being abused by her and your step father.
pheonixrise
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm

Postby CrackedGirl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:09 am

I agree. This sounds like a very toxic environment and i think you need to report it, although I understand it will be very painful. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby salted lipstick » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Yes that is a situation which needs to be reported. It is extremely important that the children be safe from this abusive behaviour...
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm

Postby Survivor2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:38 am

Thanks, I know that it is not a healthy or safe environment for them to be in, I guess I'm just so used to protecting my mother all the time I feel like I'm doing something really wrong by even suspecting something bad about her. And I know if they were my kids I would report it straight away, its just getting past that initial fear and guilt that will be hard. My sister is thinking of telling her psychologist everything next week aswell, she had been hiding stuff because my mum was telling her not to say certain things. So it will be interesting to see what happens, I will keep you posted.
Survivor2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:09 am

Good luck, thinking of you

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Have you reported this?

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Survivor2 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:31 am

My sister ended up speaking to her psychologist and the next day child protection turned up and took her to the police station to question her. That was a couple of days ago and she hasn't heard from them since so not quite sure whats happening. She is coming to stay with me for a week which will be good for her, just hoping this all gets sorted out soon :(
Survivor2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby CrackedGirl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 am

Thinking of you. I am glad something is being done even tho it must be very difficult for you all to go through. How about your other sister?

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6