Our partner

5 year old boy pawing my crotch

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: scepticalblahblah, salted lipstick, narcbolan, CrackedGirl, Restored

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

5 year old boy pawing my crotch

Postby winchester » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 am

Hello, I am dating a divorced mother. Its strange to talk about, but her 5 year old boy is always grabbing/patting at my crotch and smiling/laughing. I always tell him to cut it out, but by the way it happens, it seems like an action that is always permitted. He sleeps restlessly and always asks to take naps with me. I also went to pee and he asked if he could watch, to which of course I said no.

I am trying to understand if all this interest in my crotch as the new father figure is normal or a result of "training," and if he wants to sleep with me because of some kind of abuse (and he is still very clingy), or because like his mom, he is just very loving and affectionate. Does anyone have any related advice or input? Normally my instincts are very sharp, but in this situation they are gray, only slightly leaning towards the possibility of prior sexual abuse by a male. I will love him to death either way.

Sound familiar to anyone?
winchester
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 5 year old boy pawing my crotch

Postby Chucky » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi,

It is familiar to me, actually, as when I was around his age I also grabbed peoples' crotches. i had no friensd of my own but whenever my brothers' friends came around, I would climb al over the couches and - yes - grab their crotches. I was hyperactive as a kid, and it seems as if this child you're talking about is too? Do you notice anything else that is different about him? I am now 27 but - looking back - I relate very much to something called Asperger's Syndrome.

kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Biancatrue » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:33 pm

This is a little different..... When I was a teenager I did some vounteer work in a kids' home and lots of them grabbed my breasts (the boys) really hard. I am talking about boys around the ages of 5-6. I figured out that they were grabbing onto what they saw as maternal.... that something they were missing. This little boy who is missing a father figure is probably doing the same thing with you. I doubt that he was abused. I sure he will soon grow out of it
Biancatrue
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby gwilly » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:05 am

IMO it's hard to say what's going on. It could be just normal curiosity combined with response reinforcement, or it could be something else.

I've seen some kids around that age who keep doing something simply because you tell them not to, your reaction is a form of attention... but on the other hand this is something you have to say no to, so I'm not really sure how to handle that. Hopefully it will be grown out of.
gwilly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post