Our partner

Partner of sexual abuse survivor who has libido issues *tw*

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

Partner of sexual abuse survivor who has libido issues *tw*

Postby bremahit » Sat May 06, 2017 10:22 am

*moderator note; This has been split from sexual-abuse-incest/topic95640.html
Contents of this thread may contain triggers for survivors.

First of all, sorry for what has happened to you.
My girlfriend was sexually abused about 3 years ago (we are together for 11 years now - though I'm 30 and she is 28 only).
We have been in a long distance relationship when this happened to her.
We leave together for 1.5 years now (she moved to me about 1.5 years after the abuse), as I couldn't continue the long distance relationship anymore.
We had sex approximately 5 times in this 18 months, the last 4 times she agreed to do it just because of me - I didn't force her to do it, but it is true that sometimes I feel that I will explode because of the missing sexual life.
She doesn't want to talk to me about the abuse, she doesn't want to go to a psychologist - as she tried 3 times and she was crying only and said that it is not helpful at all.
What would you recommend?
I'm desperate to solve this situation because I love her and want to keep the relationship alive, but I won't resist for years.
Regards
Last edited by seabreezeblue on Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split from another topic, plus added a trigger warning and mod note to the thread.
bremahit
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post