Our partner

Abusive parent's birthday coming up

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

Re: Abusive parent's birthday coming up

Postby waiting4tomorrow » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:36 pm

I'm sorry. My stepmom abused me and she's still married to my dad and they have a daughter together so she's not going anywhere and will always be in my life. It's hard. Really, really hard. I still go out with them on family things- Easter, Christmas, their birthdays etc and it can be hard to get through. I know as an adult I have the choice not to go, but, it's not that simple- I want my dad in my life, even though I don't want my stepmom in my life. And I want to be in my little sisters life too. So. I kinda have to hang out with my stepmom too because I can't really just be with my dad and sister and not be with her, you know? It just sucks. I'd avoid him if you can, but if you can't... maybe you have a way of making it clear that you're not the same kid you were when you were being abused, you're older now and he has no power over you anymore. If he ever says or does anything wrong, now you can loudly and clearly tell him that's inappropriate and you aren't going to allow it. It's scary though. I have trouble asserting myself like that sometimes. I don't know.
waiting4tomorrow
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Previous

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post