Our partner

I was abused at 11 but stuck on what to do now?

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

I was abused at 11 but stuck on what to do now?

Postby Infinitedesire » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:42 pm

It is hard to talk about what happened as a child because part of me questions where I was dreaming or just misinterpretated what happened. But as I have gotten older, I realise what happened was abuse and real.
At the age of 11, my Step Father sexually abused me. I still haven't spoken about what happened in detail but the thing I am struggling with the most is that I want to come forward but have no clue how.
The issue isn't with me, I am ready for whatever may happen. The issue is how my little sister will handle it. My Step Father is her biological father. I don't want her to realise what he is like. He is no longer around but still keeps in contact with her. She has had a tough few years and I don't want to burden her with this sort of information. If I was to come forward, she would suffer the most.
I want to move on and deal with this but I can't hurt her in the process.
I need some advice. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Infinitedesire
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I was abused at 11 but stuck on what to do now?

Postby Terry E. » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:25 am

What you are looking for is the offset your peace of mind, to ease you pain with helping your sister.

I do not envy you. I don't think there is a "right" answer here.

Once done it is done. If left undone then maybe at a later time you can address it.

How you dealt with it is DID. Very normal. Our protection mechanism kicking in.

Take care.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: I was abused at 11 but stuck on what to do now?

Postby waiting4tomorrow » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:33 am

I wonder though if there is any possibility he ever did anything to her. If he did, she may be thinking she is the only one, and of she's young she may be afraid to say anything.
I don't know her or the situation so I may be way off base?
But if that's possible then by telling, you could be helping her.
Of course I'm not sure if there is a way for you to know or not...sorry I'm not sure what to do.
In general, I think it is good to report abuse.
waiting4tomorrow
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post