Our partner

Somr

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

Somr

Postby anonomous999 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:45 am

This all happened in Ontario, Canada.

To keep this brief, my little brother was repeatedly molested as a child about 10 years ago in elementary school. The perpetrator was a student in my class (we were in the same elementary school at the time). I think the perp was in grade 4-6 at the time. My brother is 3 years younger than him (and me).

They only recently opened up about it. From what I heard, the school didn't do nearly enough to prevent it. I'm not sure what to do. I want to go on facebook and publically out him- but I'm too afraid that it might end badly. For one thing, i dont even know if my brother wants to pursue it.

But I feel like its important to at least know what we can do. Especially since rn, I have no idea. Could he counter sue us if we dont have sufficient evidence? The perps father was a cop, so idk how hard it'd be to fight it.

Anyways, sry for rambling. Hopefully someone can help us.
anonomous999
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Somr

Postby seabreezeblue » Thu May 12, 2016 10:45 pm

what has your brother actually said about everything?
what was his understanding of things at the time and was he forced into things or did he agree at the time?
It's really important to understand whether the other child was actually abusing him or if he thought it was just a fun game.. if the other boy was a bit older, i wouldn't hesitate to call it abuse but a child in grades 4-6 is going to be between the ages of 8-10 if your school system works the same way as ours does here in the UK.
An 8 year old and a 5 year old, are really not that different in terms of cognitive development and if the boy didn't force or hurt your brother then I don't think that it's okay to call him a perp.

I do completely understand your feelings and thoughts here though.. to find out that an older child did that to your little brother is a really difficult thing to deal with.
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (26)

Re: Somr

Postby anonomous999 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:39 am

I'm sorry it took so long to reply. TBH, I'm really inexperienced with old-school forums like this, so I didn't even know how to find my own post to follow up on it :/ I just assumed the moderators deleted it or something.

Anyways, my little brother definitely did not enjoy it, and expressed a great deal of distress from the ordeal. He never talks about it to me, but he does to my mother from time to time. I understand that topics like this are touchy- and that it seems suspicious that the school could be that negligent. But I also know from experience how awful that school was. And I know that my mother, as wonderful a person as she is, is much, much, much kinder than your average person... lets just say she's too kind for her own good. Even now she's been very hesitant to come forward with any of the details, which I assume is b/c she thinks I'll do something stupid in a fit of rage. But I think I can deal with this sensibly.

At any rate, I'll try to get back to you after my summer midterms. Thanks for actually responding to this post.
anonomous999
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum