Our partner

Visual molestation

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

Visual molestation

Postby From_Mars » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:38 am

When I was 13, I lived in a foreign country which had a completely opinion of how to treat women than in free countries like the USA. I was marrying age in their culture. The men were obsessed with staring at me like a sex object. They would stalk me. Honk car horns and yell out the window to get me to look at the so they could see my face. Stared so intensely, they drove their cars up onto the sidewalk, tripped off curbs, and nearly walked into inanimate objects. And I really mean, nearly every man, every place I went, every day. I feared for my well being every step I took outside my house. My father repeatedly told me how I could be 'punished' by the natives if I was even perceived to wrongdoing in their eyes. It was so horrible being gawked at by every man in public. My parents always sent me to the commissary for groceries. They threw me to the wolves.

Many other things happened and my parents watched, made jokes and laughed at my torture. Until recently, I never thought of it as molestation or sexual abuse. It is molestation, without physical contact. No one can possibly understand unless they have lived in a country without freedoms and civil rights in order to fathom what took place and the motives behind the abusers.
From_Mars
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Visual molestation

Postby Coldethyl » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Hello, I am so sorry you had to endure that.

Starting when I was 12, my step-father never molested me, but he used to stare at me. He set up a mirror system in the bathroom so he could watch me bathe. He used to write letters about stuff he wanted to do to me, and when I was a teen and I started to dress differently (it was the 90s, I started wearing flannels), he wrote me a letter telling me to stop 'dressing like nun', that I should take his interest as a compliment.

I know that feeling. I wasn't touched...but he might as well have. His eye touched me every second of the day. I felt like I was under a microscope, and everything I wore or did was probably giving him sexual pleasure, and it disgusted me.
Coldethyl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am

Re: Visual molestation

Postby Team78 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:07 am

Of course, therapy is great start to discuss these things. Research it, yes it sounds like your kind of torture living abroad the differences in laws first of all. We cant account for all the world's injustices, we can save you or where u live. It is all important, the terms and contact make it more important for diagnoses. Im not sure if what u describe can cause one. What is important is it made u say torture go to therapy talk about it. Hey, if there is anything else you might remember as your sessions progress then that is great also. Utilize what the laws are their make the best of it.
Dx: DID, PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are system of several.....Blog of system map
Team78
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post