Our partner

Was this child abuse?

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

Was this child abuse?

Postby thelights » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:08 am

My father used to lick my genitals and my stomach when I was 4 or 5. My mother used to just watch that. I remember her being irritated and telling him not to play with kids like that. He would tell me that he was playing and I had to lay still, he wouldn't let me get up. I remember him referring to my genitals as little girl. Everyday after office when he'd come come he would remove my panties and tickle and lick me there. I hated how I felt back then. It stopped after I turned 6 I was quick enough to stay away from him when he returned.

I'm 16 now. Was I suffering child abuse?
thelights
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Was this child abuse?

Postby Snaga » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:44 am

I would say that qualifies as sexual abuse, yes. It's definitely something that parents do not generally do to their children... I'll reserve judgement on motive and whether malicious intent exists, but Yes, sweets, I call that a Bad Touch.
We do not delete posts.
Please do read the Forum Rules
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 am

Re: Was this child abuse?

Postby pistils » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Yes, 'lights,

This was child sexual abuse, of a most creepy kind, and it probably has had a significant affect on your development, your ability to trust, and your sexuality. I hope you can engage with a qualified therapist with experience dealing with victims of child sexual abuse.

Please let us know you fare dealing with this unfortunate part of your childhood.
pistils
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:41 pm

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post