Our partner

My story (Possible trigger warning) Please help

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

My story (Possible trigger warning) Please help

Postby AJ2008 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:36 pm

When I was a child, around 8 yrs old to about 11 or 12 years old my cousin sexually molested me and a few other children in my family. One of the last times that he touched me he also molested my little sister right in front of me. I felt so horrible and I knew that I had to tell my mom about what had happened. When I told my mom she just told me that it was too late to do anything about it but that if it happened again to let her know. It did happen again and when I told her it was just a burden on her and she seemed to be mad at me. My cousin has been in and out of prison for various crimes, non of which are related to the abuse, since I was 11 or 12 which is why the abuse stopped. Every time he comes out of prison my entire family still thinks that we need to be a family and all get together for the holidays. I recently just told my family that I will not be attending any gatherings where he will be included and provided my reasoning behind it. My mother is now mad at me and said that I shouldn't let one person ruin the holidays and our family. Some of the other family has now told me that I'm never allowed to come back around them or on their property. I'm now 26 years old and this is still such a huge factor in my life. I don't understand how my entire family can protect the person that hurt me and stole my innocence along with my sister and some of the other children in my family. I am so lost and have no idea what to do. They all said that it shouldn't be a big deal anymore because it happened 15 years ago. Can anyone please shed some light into my situation and give me their opinion on the matter? I'm tired of my abuser being the victim and me being viewed as the bad person. I know that it was a long time ago but I just can't get over the fact that my entire life he has been protected and me being the burden. I never asked to be abused..I never wanted to be robbed of my childhood. I can't understand my family and how they can continue to protect a child molester... Please someone help..
AJ2008
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My story (Possible trigger warning) Please help

Postby seabreezeblue » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:27 pm

that's so messed up and i'm really sorry that you're having to deal with such a toxic situation.. that should never ever have happened.

Sometimes families are sick.. they're unhealthy and have something that contaminates them like a poisoned water supply.. it makes them all live in denial and it's also addictive - to get the poison out of their system would mean that they had to face reality and go through withdrawal..

It is the family members that aren't contaminated.. or the ones who are willing to go through withdrawal that struggle the most.. because to live in reality sucks like hell - you look back in at your family and know that you can't reach them unless they reach out to you as well.. just like addicts - they're all sick and you're not..
they're blocking out ugliness and you're not.. you're standing up and dealing with it because you don't want to be sick..

It does however mean that you're going to feel different and left out - lonely and vulnerable.. angry and hurting that no-one else cares enough to do what you've done.

I don't want to insult them too much because they're your family but they are really living in a warped world and they're just plain messed up.. you are not the one to blame at all for this - your cousin abused you and your sister and who knows how many others.. you should never ever ever have been silenced and forced to be in the same place as your abuser.. not ever :(
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (26)

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post