Our partner

child on child sexual abuse victim/possibly offender...very

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderators: Terry E., Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

child on child sexual abuse victim/possibly offender...very

Postby chris13 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:21 am

Alright this is the first time I've ever put this into words so bare with me if its a bit scrambled.

When my cousin and i (let's call him Dave) were around 8-12, I can't remember exactly, my older cousin who is almost 5 years older than us (let's call him Jake) started sexually abusing us. I've only realized it was sexual abuse after years of thinking it was just curiosity, or something along those lines. Giving the age difference though Im pretty sure that can't be right. The abuse wasn't violent in any ways, but it wasn't just fondling either, it was extremely sexual acts. After it stopped me and Dave continued to fool around into our early teens, however we both consider ourselves straight now as far as I know.

I'm now 21 and ive started realizing that I've been suffering from depreciation, anxiety, and possible body dysmophic disorder. I've started taking an antidepressant recently and want to start tackling my issues. I'm remained close friends with Jake ever since we were young and have never spoken of what happened all those years ago. I feel like I need to talk to him about it, and I have every intention of forgiving him, assuming he shows remorse and acknowledgs it was sexusl abuse.

Now while that isn't going to be easy, I feel that I can get through it and find some sort of peace with it. However, what has been really bothering me lately is a memory that jumped back into my mind sometime last year. I was still quite you, around 9-11 and hanging out with Dave's younger brother (let's call him Greg). It was while every thing was happening with Jake and Dave and I, and I remember trying to do some of the things we did together with Greg, who was probably around 6-8. Nothing really sexual, just touching really I think. He didn't like it and I stopped. This was before I had hit puberty and before I really even knew anything about my sexuality. Nothing that happened back then ever felt good, it was more just exciting I guess.

So my real concern is that I've done something just as bad as Jake. That's what truly gives me anxiety. Greg is doing great now as far as I can tell. He has non of the same social problems as me and seems genuinely happy and well adjusted. I would like to apologize, but I don't want to bring something up if there is a chance he doesn't even remember. But at the same time I don't know how to get past it without knowing if it affected him.

I'm mostly just terrified of bring it up at all because it has the potential to tear apart the whole family, who are all quite close.

Any opinions on wether that one time would have effected him? Or if he would even remember considering how young he was at the time?
chris13
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: child on child sexual abuse victim/possibly offender...very

Postby Team78 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:36 am

Well Chris13, just take you to therapy and tell them what happened because it seems like it bothers you Chris13. One time can be as damaging as anything else, but who really knows for sure. I think you should allow the therapist to lead you once you trust their process. I don't think you should beat yourself up about it though. It is a process and healing is worth it.
Dx: DID, PTSD, Panic Disorder

We are system of several.....Blog of system map
Team78
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

Re: child on child sexual abuse victim/possibly offender...very

Postby Mathew666 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:13 am

chris13 wrote:Alright this is the first time I've ever put this into words so bare with me if its a bit scrambled.

When my cousin and i (let's call him Dave) were around 8-12, I can't remember exactly, my older cousin who is almost 5 years older than us (let's call him Jake) started sexually abusing us. I've only realized it was sexual abuse after years of thinking it was just curiosity, or something along those lines. Giving the age difference though Im pretty sure that can't be right. The abuse wasn't violent in any ways, but it wasn't just fondling either, it was extremely sexual acts. After it stopped me and Dave continued to fool around into our early teens, however we both consider ourselves straight now as far as I know.

I'm now 21 and ive started realizing that I've been suffering from depreciation, anxiety, and possible body dysmophic disorder. I've started taking an antidepressant recently and want to start tackling my issues. I'm remained close friends with Jake ever since we were young and have never spoken of what happened all those years ago. I feel like I need to talk to him about it, and I have every intention of forgiving him, assuming he shows remorse and acknowledgs it was sexusl abuse.

Now while that isn't going to be easy, I feel that I can get through it and find some sort of peace with it. However, what has been really bothering me lately is a memory that jumped back into my mind sometime last year. I was still quite you, around 9-11 and hanging out with Dave's younger brother (let's call him Greg). It was while every thing was happening with Jake and Dave and I, and I remember trying to do some of the things we did together with Greg, who was probably around 6-8. Nothing really sexual, just touching really I think. He didn't like it and I stopped. This was before I had hit puberty and before I really even knew anything about my sexuality. Nothing that happened back then ever felt good, it was more just exciting I guess.

So my real concern is that I've done something just as bad as Jake. That's what truly gives me anxiety. Greg is doing great now as far as I can tell. He has non of the same social problems as me and seems genuinely happy and well adjusted. I would like to apologize, but I don't want to bring something up if there is a chance he doesn't even remember. But at the same time I don't know how to get past it without knowing if it affected him.

I'm mostly just terrified of bring it up at all because it has the potential to tear apart the whole family, who are all quite close.

Any opinions on wether that one time would have effected him? Or if he would even remember considering how young he was at the time?

Chris13, you were sexualized as a child and children don't have the maturity or life experience to deal with being sexualized at such a young age, you simple showed another kid what you'd been shown, no more and no less,If you were shown how to catch frogs instead that's what you would have shown your younger cousin, you are not a peadophile or a bad person. You were just a kid caught up in a bad situation mate. if you were between 10-12 when your older cousin started showing you things he would have been about 15-17 and that's old enough to know better about what he was doing, the only person at fault in the situation you've just described, is him. get some councilling mate, you'll be right :)
Mathew666
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 pm

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post